NEW YORK – Aug. 3, 2022 – Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP was awarded “Restructuring Law Firm of the Year, Middle Market” by the Global M&A Network at the Turnaround Atlas Awards held on July 21. The awards honor excellence from the restructuring, insolvency, distressed investing, and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) industries in categories of best value-creating transactions, outstanding firms, top professionals, and legendary leaders, according to the Global M&A Network website.
“We are honored to receive this recognition for our restructuring practice. This award, along with the many other recognitions received this year by the global practice group, highlights our commitment to providing exemplary legal counsel and excellent client service across a variety of industries and international markets,” said Shari L. Heyen and David B. Kurzweil, co-chairs of Greenberg Traurig’s Global Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice, in a joint statement.
Prior to the awards ceremony, Global M&A Network announced that Greenberg Traurig was also awarded:
- Chapter 11 Restructuring (large) for its work with Washington Prime Group.
- Corporate Turnaround (small) for its role in ABC Carpet & Home’s Chapter 11 restructuring.
- The team was led by Oscar N. Pinkas, chair of the Greenberg Traurig’s New York Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice and included Shareholders Ari Newman and Jeffery M. Wolf; Of Counsels Leo Muchnik and Ryan A. Wagner; and Associates Nicholas E. Ballen, Danny Duerdoth, Carson Heninger, Sara A. Hoffman, and Whitney A. Mark.
- Financials Restructuring for its role in Buckle’s acquisition and recapitalizing of Gateway Insurance Company from Illinois receivership.
- This team was led by Oscar Pinkas.
About Greenberg Traurig’s Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice: Greenberg Traurig’s internationally recognized Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice provides clients with deep insight and knowledge acquired over decades of advisory transaction and litigation experience. The team has a broad and diverse range of experience developing creative and effective solutions to the highly complex issues that arise in connection with in- and out-of-court reorganizations, restructurings, workouts, liquidations, and distressed acquisitions and sales. Using a multidisciplinary approach, the firm’s vast resources and invaluable business network, the team helps companies navigate challenging times and address the full range of issues that can arise in the course of their own restructurings or dealings with other companies in distress.
About Greenberg Traurig: Greenberg Traurig, LLP has more than 2400 attorneys in 43 locations in the United States, Europe, Latin America, Asia, and the Middle East. The firm, often recognized for its focus on philanthropic giving, innovation, diversity, and pro bono, reported gross revenue of over $2 Billion for FY 2021. The firm is consistently among the top firms on the Am Law 100, Am Law Global 100, NLJ 250, and Law360 (US) 400. On the debut 2022 Law360 Pulse Leaderboard, it is a Top 15 firm. Greenberg Traurig is Mansfield Rule 4.0 Certified Plus by The Diversity Lab and net carbon neutral with respect to its office energy usage. Web: www.gtlaw.com.