Areas of Focus
Companies faced with changes in the competitive global economy and within their own industries are turning increasingly to financial restructuring as an option. Greenberg Traurig's internationally recognized Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice provides clients with deep insight and knowledge acquired over decades of advisory and litigation experience. The group has a broad and diverse range of experience developing creative and effective strategies to address the highly complex issues that arise in connection with in- and out-of-court reorganizations, restructurings, workouts, liquidations, and distressed acquisitions and sales, both domestically and in cross-border proceedings. With offices in commercial centers across the United States and throughout the world, we utilize our invaluable business network to offer critical advice and counsel to multiple constituencies in insolvency situations:
- Official and ad hoc committees of creditors
- Investors and purchasers of assets, debt instruments, or equity of troubled companies
- Secured and unsecured creditors, pre-and post-bankruptcy lenders, and equity security holders
- Boards of directors and board committees
- Trustees, receivers, examiners, indenture trustees, and other fiduciaries
- Foreign liquidators and administrators appointed in proceedings outside of the United States
- Post-confirmation fiduciaries in litigation and asset disposition
- Foreign representatives of distressed business entities outside of the United States
We provide our clients with immediate access to experienced senior restructuring attorneys who deliver innovative thinking and practical strategies to define objectives, resolve complicated situations, and take advantage of opportunities that may arise in distress situations.
To learn more about our Restructuring & Bankruptcy capabilities, please feel free to reach out to our Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice contacts.