Gabriela PalominoShareholder email@example.com
Gabriela Palomino is a member of Greenberg Traurig’s Mexico City office, and focuses her practice on real estate law and infrastructure projects. She has participated in several M&A transactions representing leading companies, sponsors, investors, private equity funds and CKDs in a variety of infrastructure sectors, including toll roads, electric and renewal energy projects, hydraulic infrastructure and natural gas pipelines. Within these transactions, she has been responsible for legal due diligence as well as drafting and negotiation of a variety of contracts and the procurement of regulatory authorizations, including anti-trust clearance and consent/authorization solicitation before SCT and the energy regulatory commission.
She has also advised several multinational companies in their participation as members of consortiums in public biddings sponsored by CFE for the construction and operation of several gas fired combined cycle power plants to be installed in the north of Mexico and Pacific Coast. Furthermore, she has represented institutional investors, real estate investment funds and private equity firms as well as developers in all aspects of commercial, residential, retail and industrial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, leases, development, construction and creation of joint ventures.
- Representation of Mexico Infrastructure Partners in a seller financed acquisition, through the issuing trust which issued the infrastructure bonds (CKDs) listed in the Mexican Stock Exchange under ticker symbol “EXICK14” (“EXI”), of an indirect participation of 16.25% in Energía Mayakán, S. de R.L. de C.V., the entity which currently operates a gas pipeline of approximately 775 kilometers of length, which purpose is to transport natural gas, and which runs from Tabasco to Yucatan (the “Project”). Our engagement included drafting and negotiating the deal documents (under New York and Mexican Law), conduct due diligence over the Project and the SPVs, setting up EXI’s corporate structure for the purchase and obtaining the regulatory authorizations (COFECE and CFE).
- Representation of COVIMSA, S.A. de C.V., a subsidiary of Empresas ICA, S.A.B. de C.V. (BMV:ICA) (NYSE:ICA) in the negotiation and documentation of a MXN$750 million convertible loan, where the parties have previously agreed to the equity stake to be acquired, with CKD Fomento a la Energía e Infraestructura de México (EXI), through the EXICK Trust, to provide the resources required for the completion of the Palmillas-Apaseo El Grande tollroad in the states of Queretaro and Guanajuato. Autovía Queretaro, S.A. de C.V., a subsidiary of COVIMSA, holds the 30-year concession to construction, operate, exploit, preserve, and maintain the highway. The conversion into equity is subject to regulatory approval from the Mexican Antitrust commission and the Ministry of Transportation and Communications.
- Adviser to Engie (formerly, GDF Suez) and Mitsubishi as participants in the bid tender for the construction and operation of several gas fired combined power plants in the north of Mexico and Pacific Coast under IPP scheme sponsored by CFE for 25-year-term-contracts.
- Adviser to Engie (formerly, GDF Suez) and Sojitz as participants in the bid tender for the construction and operation of a gas fired combined power plants in the north of Mexico under IPP scheme sponsored by CFE for a 25-year-term-contract.
- Representation of The Related Group in the negotiation and execution of diverse joint ventures with partners in the residential and retail real estate industry.
- Representation of AIG Global Real Estate in the negotiation and execution of a joint venture with a partner in the industrial real estate industry and the acquisitions and operations under said joint venture.
- Representation of Prudential Real Estate Investors in the negotiation and execution of a joint venture with American Industries.
- Representation of Calzada Capital Partners in the negotiation and execution of a co-investment agreement with a Mexican developer by means of which Calzada will invest USD$100 Million in the development of multi-family projects in Mexico.
- Representation of Alignmex Real Estate Capital in the formation of its real estate investment and asset management platform that will invest in residential, industrial and commercial real estate throughout Mexico.
Reconocimientos y Liderazgo
- Team Member, Chambers & Partners USA Real Estate Law Firm of the Year, 2017, 2022
- Listed, The Legal 500 Latin America Guide, "Latin America: Mexico," 2021-2023
- Rising Stars - Projects and Infrastructure, 2022-2023
- Corporate and M&A, 2022-2023
- Capital Markets, 2021, 2023
- Banking and Finance, 2023
- Projects and Infrastructure, 2021
- Team Member, a Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2015 and 2022
Maestría en Derecho (LL.M.), Harvard Law School
- Member, Harvard Environmental Law Review
- Licenciatura en Derecho, Universidad de Monterrey
Con licencia para ejercer en
- Español, Nativo
- Inglés, Fluido