Víctor Felipe Callarisa RiveraAssociate email@example.com
Víctor Callarisa focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, financing and capital markets. Through the combination of these practice areas, Victor has advised national and international companies in complex M&A transactions with a significant financing component (such as sellers finance).
In addition, Victor advises on a variety of traditional and structured, domestic and transactional financing transactions.
Among the wide range of clients and industries he represents are investment funds, financial institutions, telecommunications, educational services, entertainment, and restaurants.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- National and international financing
- Financial restructuring
- Capital markets
- Corporate law
- Representation of an international company dedicated to the construction, acquisition and operation of telecommunication towers, in multiple acquisitions of assets located in Mexico, the United States and Latin America. These transactions include the acquisition of telecommunication towers located in Chile for an amount of approximately USD $1,000,000,000.
- Representation of a leading investment fund in the education sector in Mexico, in acquisitions of several companies that provide educational services throughout Mexico.
- Representation of one of the most internationally renowned chefs, in the design of corporate legal structures that have allowed him to open and operate several restaurants (and related services) both in Mexico and abroad, the same restaurants that have been named by renowned media as some of the best restaurants in the world.
- Advised one of the most important water park companies with locations in different parts of the world in the process of acquiring certain operating companies of attraction and aquatic games located in the Yucatan Peninsula.
- Representation of Mexican private clients in financing transactions and financial restructurings granted by several Mexican credit institutions, as well as investment funds located in the United States of America.
- Representation of different brokerage firms in connection with domestic and international issuances and placements of different types of securities (both equity and debt instruments).
- Member of the team that advised a Federal agency in the structuring and implementation of Mexico’s first DIP Financing transaction under Mexico’s new Insolvency Law (Ley de Concursos Mercantiles).
- Representation of the Federal Government of Mexico and the 32 Mexican Entities in the securitization of the Federal Multiple Contributions Fund (Fondo de Aportaciones Múltiples), which was carried out through the implementation of an issuance program for up to MXN $50,000 million related to the issuance of the debt certificates (certificados bursátiles fiduciarios) “BONOS CIEN”.°
°The above representations were handled by Mr. Callarisa Rivera prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, S.C.
- Listed, Best Lawyers, “Best Lawyers in Mexico,” 2023
- Banking and Finance Law, 2023
- Capital Markets Law, 2023
- Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2023
- Law Degree, with honors, Escuela Libre de Derecho, Mexico City, Mexico, 2011