Greenberg Traurig empowers lawyers at all levels to shape their own careers. Our on-campus recruiting program is designed to identify students who are eager to create their own opportunities and encourage them to seek areas of practice that excite them.
Summer Associate Program
Many of our current firm leaders started their careers as a summer associate at Greenberg Traurig. We provide summer associates varied professional opportunities to learn about our clients, our attorneys, our staff, our firm and our culture. An important objective of the program is for summer associates to transition from law student to practicing lawyers and future leaders by including them on client matters. Our attorneys and attorney recruitment team are available to assist summer associates’ with their decisions from the very beginning of their legal careers.
The summer associate program includes:
- Day-to-day assignments, with direct shareholder contact, Firm-wide training and orientation dedicated to our summer associates, coordinated by our Attorney Recruiting and Professional Development teams
- Two mentors: one associate and one shareholder
- Mid-summer and end-of-summer review meetings with summer program leaders
- A variety of networking events, including baseball games, cooking classes and community outreach programs
Professional experience in the summer associate program has included:
- Corporate deal simulation
- Litigation training, such as oral advocacy presentation
- Visit to appeals court and Q&A session with a judge
- Firsthand exposure to in-house counsels and their interaction with law firms
GT Legal Careers provides an insider view of Greenberg Traurig's recruiting program and brings readers the latest news on firm matters, rankings, initiatives and pro bono efforts.