David serves a Co-Chair of the Boston Litigation Group. He is a litigation, trial, and appellate attorney focusing on defending companies against unfair or deceptive business practices claims in individual and putative class action settings. Among other things, David represents (1) manufacturers and retailers facing false advertising claims arising out of alleged violations of federal and state consumer protection statutes, including the Federal Trade Commission Act and "little FTC Acts" like Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 93A – the Massachusetts Consumer Protection Act, (2) lenders, mortgage brokers and servicers facing predatory lending and unfair servicing claims arising out of the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), and state laws governing consumer financing and mortgage loan servicing, (3) health care and other entities accused of submitting false claims to the government or governmental payors, and (4) companies accused of violating the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and similar state laws and regulations. David als represents companies and individuals responding to civil investigative demands under various regulatory schemes, including federal and state false claims acts and related enforcement actions brought by federal and state regulatory agencies, including the United States Department of Justice, Massachusetts Office of the Attorney General, and other federal and state agencies.
- Defending unfair and deceptive business practices claims
- Defending and prosecuting business and commercial claims between companies, including unfair methods of competition and unfair or deceptive business practices claims
- Defending Telephone Consumer Protection Act claims
- Defending Qui Tam/False Claims Act claims
- Defending and prosecuting intra-company litigation, including corporate, LLC, and partnership disputes