Marina Olman-Pal advises foreign and U.S. financial institutions on a broad range of regulatory matters including licensing, acquisitions, divestitures, compliance with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/anti-money laundering (AML) laws and regulations, and compliance with Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) sanctions programs. Marina counsels a wide range of companies in the financial services sector including, domestic and foreign banks, gaming companies, money services businesses including money transmitters, cryptocurrency businesses, Fintech companies and digital payment companies. Throughout her career, Marina has represented clients before U.S. regulators such as the Federal Reserve, OCC, FDIC, FinCEN, OFAC, the Florida Office of Financial Regulation and other state supervisory authorities.
Marina also regularly develops anti-money laundering programs for a wide range of financial services businesses and non-financial services businesses including, U.S. and foreign companies active in industries such as real estate, hospitality, automotive and artificial intelligence, among many others.
- Financial services, regulatory and compliance
- BSA/anti-money laundering and OFAC sanctions compliance guidance
- Development of anti-money laundering and OFAC compliance programs
- FinTech, blockchain, digital payments license and regulatory compliance guidance
- FFIEC Manual Updates and Bank Expectations for MSBs, The Money Services Business Association, Lunch and Learn Series, 2020
- The Platinum Network’s Life After COVID-19: FFIEC BSA/AML Exam Manual Updates, 2020
- Florida International Bankers Association (FIBA): Lavado a Través del Sector Inmobiliario (Money Laundering through the Real Estate Sector), 2020