NEW YORK – June 22, 2022 – Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP won three awards to be presented at the Turnaround Atlas Awards held by the Global M&A Network virtually July 21. According to the Global M&A Network website, the awards honor excellence from the restructuring, insolvency, distressed investing, and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) industries in categories of best value-creating transactions, outstanding firms, top professionals, and legendary leaders.
The firm was awarded:
- Chapter 11 Restructuring (large) for its work with Washington Prime Group.
- The team included Shari L Heyen and David B. Kurzweil, co-chairs of Greenberg Traurig’s Global Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice, Shareholders Nathan A. Haynes, Karl D. Burrer, Joseph P. Davis III, Craig Duewall, Mark Stratton, Of Counsels Ryan A. Wagner and Janis E. Clements, and Associates Matthew A. Petrie, Danny Duerdoth, Sara A. Hoffman, and Patrick Wu.
- Corporate Turnaround (small) for its role in ABC Carpet & Home’s Chapter 11 restructuring.
- The team was led by Oscar N. Pinkas, chair of the Greenberg Traurig’s New York Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice and included Shareholders Ari Newman and Jeffery M. Wolf, Of Counsels Leo Muchnik and Ryan A. Wagner, and Associates Nicholas E. Ballen, Danny Duerdoth, Carson Heninger, Sara A. Hoffman, and Whitney A. Mark.
- Financials Restructuring for its role in Buckle’s acquisition and recapitalizing of Gateway Insurance Company from Illinois receivership.
- This team was led by Oscar Pinkas.
Additionally, the firm was shortlisted in the “Restructuring Law Firm, Middle Market” category.
“We are honored to be recognized at the Turnaround Atlas Awards and appreciate recognition of the breadth and scope of our bench both domestically and internationally. This is a testament to our commitment, exemplary legal counsel, and client service,” Heyen and Kurzweil said in a joint statement.
About Greenberg Traurig’s Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice: Greenberg Traurig’s internationally recognized Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice provides clients with deep insight and knowledge acquired over decades of advisory transaction and litigation experience. The team has a broad and diverse range of experience developing creative and effective solutions to the highly complex issues that arise in connection with in- and out-of-court reorganizations, restructurings, workouts, liquidations, and distressed acquisitions and sales. Using a multidisciplinary approach, the firm’s vast resources and invaluable business network, the team helps companies navigate challenging times and address the full range of issues that can arise in the course of their own restructurings or dealings with other companies in distress.
About Greenberg Traurig: Greenberg Traurig, LLP has more than 2400 attorneys in 43 locations in the United States, Europe, Latin America, Asia, and the Middle East. The firm, often recognized for its focus on philanthropic giving, innovation, diversity, and pro bono, reported gross revenue of over $2 Billion for FY 2021. The firm is consistently among the top firms on the Am Law 100, Am Law Global 100, NLJ 250, and Law360 (US) 400. On the debut 2022 Law360 Pulse Leaderboard, it is a Top 15 firm. Greenberg Traurig is Mansfield Rule 4.0 Certified Plus by The Diversity Lab and net carbon neutral with respect to its office energy usage. Web: www.gtlaw.com.