Chris Neumann counsels clients in the natural gas, petroleum, mining, construction, retail, home building, solid and hazardous waste, and other industries on a wide variety of litigation, environmental, and real estate matters. Chris represents clients in connection with internal investigations following spills, pipe failures and other environmental incidents. He also defends clients in connection with civil, criminal and administrative enforcement by USEPA, states, tribes, local governments and citizen groups. Chris has advised clients on litigation and enforcement matters, as well as related auditing and compliance matters, under the Clean Water Act (CWA), Clean Air Act (CAA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), Uranium Mill Tailings Radiation Control Act (UMTRCA), Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA), Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), Mine Safety and Health Act (MSHA), and numerous other federal, state and tribal laws.
Chris is a trial lawyer and represents clients in complex trials, arbitration proceedings and mediations. He also represents clients in connection with evidentiary hearings and rulemaking proceedings before federal, state and tribal agencies including matters pending before the USEPA, the Colorado Air Quality Control Commission, the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, the Colorado Water Quality Control Commission and the Colorado Public Utilities Commission. Additionally, Chris assists clients in efforts to obtain land use approvals, in efforts to resolve environmental concerns in complex business transactions, and in real estate acquisitions.
- Internal investigations of environmental incidents
- Defense of civil, criminal and administrative environmental enforcement matters
- Superfund and other complex environmental litigation
- Commercial litigation involving oil and gas, mining, construction and engineering matters
- Real estate acquisition and environmental aspects of business transactions
- Environmental compliance and rulemaking matters
- Environmental policy and governmental affairs matters
- Global Energy & Infrastructure