Darren J. Abernethy is a data privacy attorney with more than a decade of experience, including in private practice in Washington, D.C. and as in-house counsel at startups and a leading privacy technology vendor. He advises clients on matters related to advertising technology, privacy and data governance, and FTC best practices.
Darren focuses on the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)/ePrivacy, digital advertising, direct marketing, and product counseling.
- Global privacy programs and policies
- Digital advertising, self-regulatory frameworks, and cookie compliance
- Cross-border data transfers
- U.S. federal & state privacy and data security legislation
- Negotiation of data protection-related agreements