Darren J. Abernethy is a data privacy attorney with more than a decade of experience, including in AmLaw private practice in Washington, D.C. and as in-house counsel at startups and a leading privacy technology vendor. He advises clients on matters related to advertising technology, privacy, data breach management, and FTC best practices.
Darren's concentrations include the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)/ePrivacy, digital advertising, direct marketing, and IP-related transactional matters.
- Global privacy programs and policies
- Digital advertising, self-regulatory frameworks, and cookie compliance
- Cross-border data transfers
- Product counseling
- U.S. federal & state privacy and data security legislation
- Negotiation of privacy/IP-related contracts and licensing agreements