Greenberg Traurig’s Data, Privacy & Cybersecurity Practice assists its global client-base with leveraging existing and emerging advertising technologies to reach customers and provide unique experiences.
From publishers seeking to establish flexible privacy programs to comply with evolving regulatory notice and consent standards, to advertisers wishing to use varied data sources for data-driven marketing campaigns, to advertising ecosystem participants seeking to develop differentiated technologies securely, Greenberg Traurig’s team of experienced advertising and marketing attorneys helps clients navigate the exciting challenges—and opportunities—facing the ad tech/martech marketplace today.
Greenberg Traurig advises clients on various phases of digital advertising, across platforms, mobile/desktop/IoT environments, and vertical sectors.
- Drafting and negotiating global and regional contracts in relation to data controller, data processor, service provider, and related roles applicable to laws in numerous jurisdictions;
- Navigating the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), HIPAA, and other sector-specific laws as applied to advertising technologies for publishers, brands, agencies, and adtech intermediaries;
- Representing clients before the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and state AGs in relation to data breach matters, deceptive advertising claims, COPPA, and CCPA investigations, as well as defending advertising-related class action litigation claims, such as in relation to the use of session relay scripts, state wiretap laws and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA);
- Working with publishers and other advertising ecosystem participants on strategies for privacy compliance in a post-third-party cookie/device ID digital world;
- Advising organizations from all industries as to best practices in relation to website and mobile application analytics, third-party pixeling, custom/lookalike audience creation, and targeted matching and modeling, including the use of platform tools from major ecosystem participants to further CCPA, GDPR and ePrivacy Directive compliance objectives.