The restaurant industry is highly competitive and fast-paced. We help clients anticipate and navigate legal challenges and opportunities to stay ahead.
Greenberg Traurig’s Global Restaurant Industry Group represents many of the world’s most recognized emerging and established restaurant brands. With over 100 attorneys in our global practice, our multidisciplinary team offers restaurant clients, investors, and developers guidance for all their restaurant-related legal needs. With 43 offices in key markets around the globe, Greenberg Traurig is uniquely situated to support clients with on-the-ground needs.
Ranked and recognized as leaders in the legal restaurant space, our attorneys offer clients practical, real-life, legal advice for their businesses based on collective personal experiences as former restaurant owners, employees, and investors. We have a deep understanding of the challenges our restaurant clients face and provide a client-centered and holistic approach to helping them achieve their goals and objectives.
We are well-connected in public policy circles, advocating for critical legislation on behalf of the restaurant industry. In addition, through the COVID-19 pandemic, our attorneys have been behind some of the most impactful efforts, including the establishment of the Restaurant Employee Relief Fund, which raised over $23 million for impacted restaurant workers in the United States.
Our attorneys have handled some of the most significant financing transactions in the restaurant space, representing both brands and investors. From private companies to public, whether clients are engaging in an important transaction, looking to franchise, or seeking advice regarding wage and labor issues, litigation, liquor licensing, leases, intellectual property, or data, privacy and cybersecurity, we have experienced attorneys who stand ready to help.
- Restaurant Finance and Development (from private to public)
- Corporate, Private Equity, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Franchising and Franchising Litigation
- Non-Traditional Development (airports, university campuses, hotels, resorts, casinos, sports venues, ghost & virtual kitchens)
- Labor & Employment
- Technology Agreements, Data, Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Trademark & Brand Management
- Government Affairs & Restaurant Industry Advocacy
- Advertising, Sweepstakes, and Mobile Payments
- Real Estate, Leasing, ADA and Accessibility Law
- Labor & Employment
- Immigration & Compliance
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation, Class Actions, Appeals & Legal Issues
- Food Regulation, Liquor Licensing
- Supply Chain