Greenberg Traurig’s Data Privacy & Cybersecurity team advises health care organizations in the United States and across the globe on health privacy compliance issues. We work with companies of all sizes, from start-ups to large global organizations, to develop efficient health information privacy and security compliance programs that are in line with the applicable laws, be it HIPAA, HITECH, state privacy laws such as the CMIA, or international laws such as the GDPR.
- Developing and improving privacy compliance programs for life science and pharmaceutical companies;
- Developing contracting guidelines that help ensure companies have compliant and protective data sharing agreements in place in relation to the health information, be it a Business Associate Agreement (BAA), Data Sharing Agreement, or Data Use Agreement;
- Counseling companies on data privacy matters with regard to clinical trials in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Europe;
- Guiding clients in handling and investigating security incidents, and determining their notification obligations; and
- Advising Asian and European companies seeking to establish subsidiaries in the United States on privacy and security compliance issues in relation to the health information they seek to process.