PHOENIX (Sep. 27, 2012) – The 2013 edition of Best Lawyers in America includes 24 attorneys from the Phoenix office of international law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP. Up from 23 the previous year, the list includes the following Arizona attorneys who appear for the first time: Mary E. Bruno and Karl A. Freeburg.
According to its website, the 2013 edition of Best Lawyers in America was compiled based on over 4.3 million confidential evaluations provided by the leading attorneys throughout the country – the most extensive peer-review process developed by any legal referral guide.
Additionally, Greenberg Traurig is top-listed citywide and statewide, in Arizona, based on number of attorneys, in Commercial Finance Law, Equipment Finance Law, Financial Services Regulation Law, Public Finance Law, Securities / Capital Markets Law, Securities Regulation and Venture Capital Law. For the sixth consecutive year, Greenberg Traurig, with 363 attorneys listed across 28 of its U.S. offices, is ranked No. 1 by Best Lawyers for having the highest number of attorneys listed in the publication than any other law firm in the United States.
The Arizona attorneys recognized, their corresponding category/practice area(s) and the year they were listed are:
- Brian H. Blaney (2010), Corporate Governance Law, Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, Securities Regulation, Venture Capital Law
- Mary E. Bruno (2013), Employment Law – Management
- Rebecca Lynne Burnham (1999), Land Use & Zoning Law, Real Estate Law
- Michael Cafiso (2007), Public Finance Law
- David D. Cleary (2012), Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation - Bankruptcy
- John E. Cummerford (2003), Copyright Law, Patent Law, Trademark Law
- William DeHaan (2007), Public Finance Law
- Booker T. Evans (2011), Criminal Defense: Non-White Collar, Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Jerry Fellows (2005), Litigation-Patent, Patent Law
- Karl A. Freeburg (2013), Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Finance Law
- Harry J. Friedman (1999), Tax Law
- Stacey F. Gottlieb (2010), Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Brigitte Finley Green (2007), Public Finance Law
- Jean E. Harris (2010), Securities/Capital Markets Law, Securities Litigation
- Robert S. Kant (2003), Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, Securities Regulation
- Bruce E. Macdonough (2009), Securities/Capital Markets Law
- Kevin J. Morris (2012), Banking and Finance Law, Real Estate Law
- Pamela M. Overton (2009), Commercial Litigation, Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Gil Rudolph (2003), Banking and Finance Law, Financial Services Regulation Law
- Brian J. Schulman (2012), Litigation-Securities
- Lesa J. Storey (2003), Real Estate Law
- Jeffrey H. Verbin (1995), Banking and Finance Law, Equipment Finance Law, Financial Services Regulation Law
- E. Jeffrey Walsh (2005), Commercial Litigation, Construction Law, Litigation-Construction, Litigation – Real Estate
- Quinn P. Williams (1995), Corporate Law; Franchise Law; Venture Capital Law
The 2013 edition of Best Lawyers in America also lists an Arizona-based attorney as a “Lawyer of the Year.” Nationwide, 22 Greenberg Traurig attorneys are included on the list. According to the Best Lawyers website, only one lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is recognized as a “Lawyer of the Year.” The designations, first published by Best Lawyers in 2009, are based on particularly high voting averages during the peer-review assessment conducted with thousands of lawyers every year.
The Greenberg Traurig Arizona-based attorney, recognized by Best Lawyers as one of its “Lawyers of the Year” and his respective location and practice area is:
- Gil Rudolph, Banking and Finance Law, Financial Services Regulation Law
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GTLaw) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East and is celebrating its 50th anniversary. One firm worldwide, GTLaw has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and among the Top 20 on the 2016 Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.