FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – Aug. 25, 2015 – The 2016 edition of Best Lawyers in America includes 25 attorneys from the Fort Lauderdale office of international law firm Greenberg Traurig, P.A. The firm is top-listed across six practice areas in the state.
For the ninth consecutive year, Greenberg Traurig – with over 350 attorneys listed from across its U.S. offices – is ranked No. 1 by Best Lawyers in America for having the highest number of attorneys listed in the 2016 edition of its publication.
Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America is based entirely on peer review. The methodology is designed to capture the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical and legal practice areas.
Two Greenberg Traurig Fort Lauderdale lawyers received special recognition as “Lawyer of the Year.” Only one lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is given this title. The attorneys recognized as Lawyers of the Year, with their respective location and practice area include:
Donn A. Beloff, Corporate Law, Fort Lauderdale
Barbara A. Hall, Environmental Law, Fort Lauderdale
Jon L. Swergold, a Shareholder in the Fort Lauderdale Litigation Practice, was honored for the first time.
Greenberg Traurig is top-listed in the practice areas of Commercial Litigation, Corporate Law, and Securities/Capital Markets Law based on number of attorneys in the Fort Lauderdale metro market.
The Fort Lauderdale office is also top-listed for having the highest number of recognized lawyers in the metro market.
The Greenberg Traurig Florida attorneys recognized by Best Lawyers in America cover more than 55 different practice areas. The attorneys are listed with their corresponding category/practice area(s) and the year they were first recognized:
- David O. Batista (2013) – Commercial Litigation
- Donn A. Beloff (2006) – Corporate Law; Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Francis B. Brogan Jr. (2005) – Trusts and Estates
- Jerold I. Budney (2010) – Appellate Practice; Commercial Litigation
- William R. Clayton (2010) – Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Construction; Litigation –Real Estate
- Jonathan S. Gelman (2009) – Real Estate Law
- James R. George (2015) – Litigation – Trusts and Estates
- Glenn E. Goldstein (2010) – Bet-the-Company Litigation; Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Banking and Finance; Litigation – Real Estate
- Scott M. Grossman (2011) – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Barbara A. Hall (2007) – Environmental Law; Government Relations Practice
- Jeffrey Allan Hirsch (2010) – Commercial Litigation
- Kenneth A. Horky (2013) – Commercial Litigation
- Stanley G. Jacobs, Jr. (2013) – Corporate Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Stephen F. Katz (2005) – Real Estate Law
- Kara L. MacCullough (2012) – Corporate Compliance Law; Corporate Law
- Bruce I. March (2011) – Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Joel D. Maser (2005) – Tax Law
- Dan McCawley (2010) – Real Estate Law
- Paul B. McCawley (2009) – Tax Law; Trusts and Estates
- John L. McManus (2013) – Commercial Litigation
- Matthew W. Miller (2011) – Corporate Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law; Securities Regulation
- David C. Peck (2006) – Corporate Law; Health Care Law
- Brian J. Sherr (2007) – Real Estate Law
- Michele L. Stocker (2013) – Commercial Litigation
Jon L. Swergold (2016) – Commercial Litigation
In Florida, Greenberg Traurig was top listed in the following six practice areas:
Government Relations Practice
Litigation – Land Use and Zoning
Litigation – Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
Litigation – Securities
Public Finance Law
Securities/Capital Markets Law