NEW YORK – Jan. 5, 2016 – This holiday season, global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP has been celebrating by giving back to their local communities. Worldwide, the firm has hosted food, toy, and gift drives benefiting various organizations and programs.
Numerous Greenberg Traurig offices hosted gift and toy drives for various organizations in their local communities. Some of the many toy drives hosted across the firm include:
- The Atlanta and ACE offices hosted a gift drive in support of the women and children of the City of Refuge, a nonprofit organization dedicated to community development efforts.
- The New York and White Plains offices hosted a toy drive, with donations being made to NYU Langone Medical Center, Maimonides Medical Center, The Association to Benefit Children, Green Chimneys, Blythedale Children’s Hospital, Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital Foundation at Westchester Medical Center, and Hope’s Door.
- The Albany office continued its tradition of giving to families in need by collecting gifts and essentials for the Albany County Department for Children, Youth & Families.
- The Miami office hosted a toy drive in support of Chapman Partnership, an organization that provides the homeless with a support program that includes emergency housing, meals, day care, job training, job placement, assistance with housing, and much more.
- The Las Vegas office hosted a toy drive in support of Commissioner Weekly’s Stuff a Bus program, where the gifts were delivered to local foster, adopted, and underserved youths.
- The Northern Virginia office hosted a toy drive with their pro bono partner Ayuda, an organization that serves immigrants in the D.C.-metro area.
Ayuda expressed gratitude for the firm’s donations, “Thank you Greenberg Traurig for all the gifts from your holiday drive! Due to your generosity, our clients will have happier holidays!”
The firm also hosted several clothing and food drives including in its Washington, D.C., Chicago, Sacramento, and Silicon Valley offices.
- The Sacramento office held a blanket and socks drive in support of the Mather Community Campus project through Volunteers of America Northern California and Northern Nevada, an organization that works to prevent and end homelessness.
- The Chicago office donated more than 10,500 meals to the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
- The Washington, D.C. office hosted a food and sandwich drive in support of Martha’s Table, an organization that works to find short and long-term solutions to end poverty.
- The Silicon Valley office collected over 4 barrels of food for the Second Harvest Food Bank; they also donated over 75 toys to the local Toys for Tots drive.
Martha’s Table in Washington, D.C. echoed Ayuda’s sentiments for the firm’s service, “Thanks to Greenberg Traurig for making sandwiches for us to distribute on McKenna’s Wagon, our daily mobile food truck that feeds the city’s homeless and hungry at three downtown locations every night!”
Read more information on the programs hosted by Greenberg Traurig throughout the holiday season.