CHICAGO – March 23, 2017 – Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP announced the elevation of Michael R. Cedillos, Barry R. Horwitz, and Thomas C. Smith to shareholder; and Adam Braun and Lea K. Rosenthal to of counsel in its Chicago office.
- Cedillos, a member of the Litigation Practice, focuses her practice on commercial litigation, business disputes, banking litigation involving negotiable instruments under the Uniform Commercial Code and consumer credit cards, loan participations, and bankruptcy litigation. Cedillos also represents brokerage firms in FINRA arbitration proceedings, as well as developers, lenders, and retailers in real estate and real estate financing litigation.
- Horwitz, a member of the Intellectual Property and Technology Practice, centers his practice on patent, trademark, and copyright litigation and licensing; preparing and prosecuting U.S. and foreign patent, trademark, and copyright applications; and managing patent and trademark portfolios. He represents leading manufacturers of mobile devices and consumer electronic products in patent litigation and has managed the trademark portfolios of major retailers, e-commerce businesses, and a leading wholesaler of industrial products.
- Smith, a member of the Public Finance Practice, focuses his practice on private activity bond financings for single and multifamily housing, industrial development bonds, non-health care 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organizations, economic development, health care and senior living financings, and tax increment finance.
- Braun, a member of the Government Law and Policy Practice, represents clients before the Illinois General Assembly and executive branch agencies on a wide array of matters, including complex regulatory, licensing, procurement, constitutional, and legislative issues. In addition, he assists clients in the insurance, financial services, and gaming industries with regulatory issues in other jurisdictions.
- Rosenthal, a member of the Corporate and Securities Practice, focuses her practice on corporate finance transactions and securities offerings, including the structuring, negotiating, and documenting of domestic and international private placements of debt and other securities, including secured and unsecured transactions, subordinated debt, project finance, and general corporate financings.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GTLaw) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East and is celebrating its 50th anniversary. One firm worldwide, GTLaw has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the second largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2016, and among the Top 20 on the 2016 Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.