NEW YORK – Feb. 1, 2018 – Greenberg Traurig, LLP has committed to serving as a 2018 Global Sponsor of Out Leadership, the global LGBT+ business network. The move, announced by Out Leadership, expands the law firm’s support of the movement to drive equality in the workplace. Additionally, Greenberg Traurig’s Chief Executive Officer Brian L. Duffy will join the Out Leadership Global Advisory Board.
For the last three years, Greenberg Traurig has previously hosted the Out Leadership LGBT+ Senior Leader Summit in the United States.
“Greenberg Traurig is proud to continue our tradition of working with Out Leadership to engage with this impactful global network of LGBT+ business leaders, and I’m proud to join the innovative thinkers who sit on its Global Advisory Board,” Duffy said.
“Everyone deserves to live and work in an environment that is safe from discrimination. Inclusion has been a way of life at Greenberg Traurig since our inception, which translates into an increase in employee engagement, better client service, and a greater capability for success,” Duffy continued. “We are committed to creating opportunities and continuing to build a sense of belonging for LGBT+ people within our firm and beyond.”
“Since they first sponsored our Out in Law Summit in 2015, we’ve been honored to work with Greenberg Traurig leaders including Brian as well as Richard Rosenbaum and Ernest Greer. The law firm has time and again demonstrated its deep commitment to creating Return on Equality™,” said Todd Sears, Founder and Principal, Out Leadership. “We are delighted that the firm will again underline its dedication to LGBT+ workplace equality by becoming a Global Sponsor of Out Leadership for 2018, and I’m personally tremendously excited to welcome Brian Duffy to our board.”
Duffy joins 11 other influential LGBT+ and Ally global leaders who currently or previously sat on Out Leadership’s Global Advisory Board, including:
- Lloyd C. Blankfein, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Goldman Sachs (Global Advisory Board Emeritus Member)
- Beth Brooke-Marciniak, Global Vice Chair, Public Policy, EY Global Limited
- Lord John Browne, Executive Chairman, L1 Energy, Former CEO, BP
- Irene Dorner, Former President and CEO, HSBC USA
- Peter Grauer, Chairman, Bloomberg Inc.
- Ken Mehlman, Global Head of Public Affairs, KKR
- Noel Quinn, Chief Executive, Global Commercial Banking, and Group Managing Director, HSBC
- Kathleen Sebelius, 21st Secretary of Health and Human Services and former Governor of Kansas
- Lee Schreter, Former Chairperson of the Board, Littler Mendelson, P.C.
- Dr. Ashley Steel, Former Vice Chair, KPMG LLP
- Kenji Yoshino, Chief Justice Earl Warren Professor of Constitutional Law, New York University School of Law
Greenberg Traurig Labor and Employment Shareholder John Richards has been a member of the Out In Law Leadership Council since 2015.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and is among the Top 20 on the 2017 Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.