Greenberg Traurig’s Elliot Scherker, co-chair of the firm’s National Appellate Practice, served as a panelist for “Lessons Learned from Codifying Daubert.” Julissa Rodriguez, who chairs the Miami Appellate Practice, spoke on a panel titled, “Jury Verdicts and Jury Instructions.”
The day-long program focused on the fundamentals of error preservation and legal principles, theories, and avenues of relief; best practices for preparing and arguing jury verdict forms and proposed jury instructions; lessons learned from codifying Daubert; and common ethical and professionalism challenges that arise on appeal from the perspective of sitting judges and experienced practitioners.
Presenting members of the Judiciary included:
- Hon. Martin Bidwill, Florida’s Seventeenth Judicial Circuit, Ft. Lauderdale
- Hon. Renatha Francis, Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida, Miami
- Hon. Darrin Gayles, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, Miami
- Hon. Norma Lindsey, Florida Third District of Appeal, Miami
- Hon. Melanie May, Fourth District Court of Appeal of Florida, West Palm Beach
- Hon. Robin Rosenbaum, Eleventh Circuit of Appeals, Miami
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 39 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.