Event is Co-Hosted by UNLV, Greenberg Traurig
LAS VEGAS – Sept. 10, 2019 – Keith Smith, president and CEO of the Boyd Gaming Corporation, will deliver the keynote luncheon address at the “Summit for Corporate Governance,” Nov. 8, in Las Vegas, NV. Co-hosted by the UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law and global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP, the event will include engaging panels featuring public company officers and directors, legal practitioners, proxy advisory experts, investor relations professionals, and law school faculty who will examine the latest developments in corporate governance facing boards of directors.
As president and CEO of Boyd Gaming, Smith oversees one of the United States’ largest casino entertainment companies, with 29 properties and 24,000 employees in 10 states.
The summit will feature panel discussions on hot topics facing boards of directors in corporate governance, including the following:
- Setting the (Boardroom) Table: An overview of duties that all directors should know
- Asleep at the Switch: Lessons learned from the failure of board oversight in recent corporate scandals and cybersecurity gaffes
- Frenemies at the Gate: Activism and what institutional shareholders expect regarding board engagement, responsiveness, and corporate governance
- Not Too Much, Not Too Little: Challenges faced in executive and board compensation
- Loose Lips: Board oversight in the era of social media
- Who Among Us: Considerations of board composition
More information about the event can be found here Summit for Corporate Governance invite.
About the UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law: Established in 1998, the William S. Boyd School of Law at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, has nearly 400 students and offers three juris doctor degree programs: a full-time day program, a part-time day program, and a part-time evening program. The school also offers a Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Gaming Law and Regulation and three dual degree programs: the J.D./MBA, J.D./M.S.W., and J.D./Ph.D. According to its website, the school is fully accredited by the American Bar Association and is a member of the Association of American Law Schools.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has approximately 2100 attorneys in 41 locations in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.