Jim Prochnow concentrates his practice on Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) actions, advice and related litigation, which includes import detentions, government inspections, investigations and defense of class actions. He also counsels clients about regulatory issues associated with cosmetics, dietary supplements, homeopathic drugs, Over-the-counter (OTC) drugs, the use of CBD oil in products, the protocols and contracts associated with clinical trials, and cGMP compliance.
- Defense of Federal Trade Commission and National Advertising Division investigations concerning false and misleading advertising.
- Advice on aggressive marketing without violating advertising laws. This includes website and social media review and strategy.
- Food and drug regulatory law, with emphasis on dietary supplements, OTC drugs, cosmetics, medical foods and homeopathic drugs.
- Advice about FDA inspections, warning letter and defense of FDA enforcement actions: a review of clinical study reports.
- Multi-level marketing agreements, related advice and litigation.
- Preparation of ingredient formulation, manufacturing, and distribution agreements.
- General IP advice with respect to patents, trade secrets, and trademarks, particularly for companies in the food and dietary supplement industries.