Shivani Rumalla focuses her practice on federal, international, multistate, and local tax planning and implementation for both U.S. and foreign companies. She regularly structures, drafts, and negotiates complex joint ventures throughout the United States and has experience advising clients on tax efficient structuring of real estate transactions, REIT formations, and corporate mergers and acquisitions. Shivani’s tax experience also includes advising a variety of businesses on the tax implications of inbound and outbound transactions, advising clients on the tax implications of a bankruptcy filing, and representing clients in federal tax controversy matters.
- Partnership and limited liability company (LLC) formations, transactions, and liquidations
- Drafting and negotiation of partnership and LLC agreements
- Inbound and outbound cross border mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, and joint ventures
- Real estate tax planning, including like-kind exchanges and debt workouts
- REIT formation and taxation
- Federal taxation
- International taxation