Christine A. SpletzerShareholder Christine.Spletzer@gtlaw.com
Christine A. Spletzer represents issuers, originators/loan sellers, and investors in real estate capital markets transactions, with a focus on commercial mortgage-backed securitizations. She focuses her practice on commercial mortgage loan origination and servicing programs, mezzanine financing, and other secured lending transactions, including repurchase facilities and warehouse financing programs, commercial real estate (CRE) collateralized loan obligations (CLOs), and intercreditor arrangements. Additionally, Christine structures pari passu, junior, and senior interests in commercial mortgage loans and mezzanine loans and represents clients in the acquisition and disposition of both distressed and performing real estate debt instruments.
- Represented a real estate investment trust (REIT) as issuer in connection with a securitization of floating rate mortgage loans in a collateralized loan obligation (CLO) structure.°
- Represented a private equity firm as issuer in connection with a cross-border single asset securitization of a commercial mortgage loan secured by a Canadian hotel portfolio.°
- Represented real estate funds controlled by a global asset management firm as issuer in connection with a private offering of debt secured by non-performing mortgage loans and REO properties.°
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with a bank financing secured by distressed, single-family rental properties, with a potential securitization exit.°
°The above representations were handled by Ms. Spletzer prior to her joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
Recognition & Leadership
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- J.D., with Distinction, Hofstra University School of Law
- B.A., magna cum laude, Adelphi University
- New York