Kirsty TurnerAssociate Kirsty.Turner@gtlaw.com
Kirsty Turner joined the firm as a trainee solicitor in September 2018 and is a member of Litigation Practice in Greenberg Traurig's London office. Her practice focuses on complex commercial disputes, civil fraud and investigations.
- Representing TFS as defendant in a multimillion-pound claim alleging dishonest assistance and fraudulent trading under s.213 Insolvency Act 1986 brought by the liquidators of various companies which were used as vehicles for complex MTIC VAT fraud in the EUA carbon credit market in 2009. Negotiated a shorter trial on the application of Section 32 of the Limitation Act without any admission of liability for dishonest assistance.
- Represented a group of FCA regulated individuals as defendants in relation to deceit, knowing receipt, dishonest assistance, breach of fiduciary duty and unlawful means conspiracy claims brought by an investment manager concerning the circumstances of the refinancing of a commercial loan to a football club.
- Represented an asset management company as defendant in a dispute centred upon the contractual interpretation of an agreement entered into with an investment management company.
- Represented a payment services firm in respect of an FCA investigation into its AML systems and controls.
- Represented an individual as defendant in a breach of fiduciary duty claim in relation to an investment scam.
- Represented a high-net-worth individual subject to worldwide freezing injunctions imposed by lender banks.
- Represented the shareholder of a Singapore-based shipping company in a series of disputes brought by various financial institutions alleging breaches of several lending facilities.
- Represented a property investment company seeking a settlement with a third party.
- Represented a sports equipment company as defendant in a copyright and trademark infringement claim in respect of its logo and company name.
Recognition & Leadership
- Member, Young Fraud Lawyers Association (YFLA)
- Member, Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL)
- Member, Financial Services Lawyers Association (FSLA)
- Member, London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA)
- Legal Practice Course, LL.M., University of Law, 2017
- LL.B., Newcastle University, 2016
- England and Wales