Greenberg Traurig's Labor-Management Relations Group helps both unionized and non-union employers maintain positive relations with their employees while avoiding the expense and disruption of litigation. We negotiate collective bargaining agreements and assist our clients in administering those agreements, which includes handling grievances and arbitrations related to discipline and contract interpretation matters.
Our lawyers are involved in virtually all stages of representation and unfair labor practice proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and state labor agencies. We advise our clients regularly to help them achieve or maintain employee choice in the workplace across an array of industries and geographies. Our labor lawyers routinely appear before courts, arbitrators, and the NLRB throughout the country.
Our group trains management and human resources personnel on issues arising from state and federal labor law requirements and developments, including union awareness and compliance with the ever-changing landscape of NLRB legal requirements. Further, we regularly advise our clients on the complexities of employee benefits, including pension and health insurance. We utilize our broad geographic platform to work with multi-state and multinational clients to help ensure compliance and effective labor strategies across geographic lines.
GT is experienced in a wide range of services, including counseling, labor negotiations, mediation proceedings, and litigation in various administrative and judicial forums.
- Union representation proceedings
- Collective bargaining agreements
- Unfair labor practice charges
- Grievance and arbitration processes
- Focused management election campaigns
- Strikes, lockouts, and picketing
- Multiemployer pension and welfare issues
- MPPAA withdrawal liability claims
- Litigation under Section 301 of the LMRA
- Labor disputes
- Complex corporate campaigns with public and private sector stakeholders
- Union dominated markets
- neutrality agreements
- project labor agreements
- long term supplemental maintenance agreements
- international and local labor unions
- Labor Management Cooperation Act