Innovative Client Strategies
Greenberg Traurig (GT) is dedicated to elevating how our clients experience legal services. At the core of this commitment is our Innovative Client Strategies Team. This multi-disciplinary team of attorneys and business professionals focuses solely on developing client experience based innovation. To elevate our clients’ experience, we focus on delivering more than just high-quality legal advice – we strive to deliver enhanced value, better insights, and more predictability.
At GT we leverage six innovation drivers—optimized stafﬁng, improved planning, value-based pricing, strategic legal insights, productivity applications and our culture of innovation—to enhance our clients’ experience. By applying these drivers to the traditional legal model, we create innovative strategies that enable our attorneys to improve predictability, provide better insights, and ultimately deliver more value. Collaborating with our clients to meet their goals has always been a core principle at GT—deploying innovative strategies enables us to provide a best-in-class experience as we work to meet those goals. For decades, GT has fostered a culture of entrepreneurship and collaboration, positioning our attorneys to provide the quality and value our clients seek. We have always looked outside of the traditional legal model for ways to provide better service to our clients. More than 50 years after our founding, we remain focused on developing innovative strategies that help our clients navigate the ever-changing legal and business environments.
Representative Tools and Processes
- Improving Due Diligence Using Artificial Intelligence.
- Creating Litigation Case Insights and Improving Communication
- Delivering More Predictable Immigration Outcomes
- Enhancing Deal Flow and Communication through Process Improvement
- Enhancing Value through Smarter Pricing
- Developing Strategic Insights with Litigation Case Data
- Saving Time with Automatic Assessment Tool
- Helping Clients Choose the Best Arbitrator with Data Analytics
Representative Innovation Achievements for Clients
- We built an online deal collaboration platform where various client team members and lawyers (both in-house and outside counsel) can share and track information about and M&A deal in real time. The platform serves as a central repository for current deal documents, historical information, best practices tips and tools, and form deal documents. Why: This tool enhanced client’s ability to quickly and effectively communicate critical deal information, consolidate deal documents in one place, and cut back on unnecessary email traffic.
- We developed litigation matter communication website that organized the status and details of multiple litigation matters. The website also enhances the client’s ability to track and monitor case status without having to constantly reach out via email for status updates. Why: This approach provides for better case management and the client (major retailer) uses the website to glean insights from and recognize patterns developing in similar cases.
- We developed an M&A pricing template and deal complexity scoring system to better align the legal costs incurred in handling an acquisition or disposition (of franchise locations, for example) transaction with the overall cost of the transaction. Why: Increasing the awareness of cost and scaling costs to match deal size the client can deliver a best in class client experience.
- Our attorneys are armed with an artificial intelligent machine learning program to more quickly and effectively review and analyze commercial contracts and real property leases. The software assists attorneys to quickly review, identify or classify content and record their analysis. Why: Users can review more agreements and provide more accurate analysis in less time.
- We built a database of case outcomes which contains critical data on the arbitrator. Each arbitrator is scored on several important factors selected by the client. Why: Clients’ ability to quickly choose the best arbitrator for their case is greatly enhanced.
- We developed a litigation case database that allows clients and attorneys to more effectively organize, aggregate, and analyze the large volumes of important case related data. Why: To allows clients to develop critical insights and recognize valuable patterns that enhances their ability to defend themselves in multi-party litigation.
- We partnered with a Fortune 50 company’s legal team to develop a custom immigration case management software platform and related immigration matter playbook and templates. Why: The software provides a more efficient and effective platform to track employee visa process and status which greatly enhances the predictability of immigration application outcomes.