Somos GT (We are GT), Greenberg Traurig’s Latino Affinity Group, brings together the firm’s Latino community and allies and provides a forum for all attorneys to make connections, build relationships, and share ideas. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are the tenets upon which Greenberg Traurig was built, opening the door for the mission of Somos GT to come to life. With support and encouragement from firm leadership, Somos GT provides opportunities and resources to Latino attorneys for professional development and retention, and focuses on engaging with industry leaders through programming and sponsorships. The firm knows that diverse perspectives inspire innovative solutions and through this group, our perspectives are not only heard, but fostered and nurtured.
While Somos GT is a platform for the Latino attorneys at Greenberg Traurig, the group is open to all. The firm’s affinity groups support the firm’s overarching diversity, equity, and inclusion initiative.
We aim to:
- Support the firm’s diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy through building relationships with community and professional organizations, as well as with local, national, and international bar associations to enhance opportunities for Latino attorneys.
- Leverage language capabilities (Spanish/Portuguese) and multicultural experiences of Somos GT to foster business relationships in Latin America and beyond.
- Facilitate professional and business development opportunities for the Somos GT affinity group and its individual members, including promoting our efforts across Greenberg Traurig’s social media platforms and external media outlets.
- Produce internal and external programs that add value and move the needle on the dialogue surrounding inclusion and equality in Big Law, as well as elevating our Latino attorneys and colleagues in the legal industry.
- Focus on recruiting, mentoring, retention, and elevation of Latino attorneys.
- Americans for Immigrant Justice (AI Justice)
- California Minority Counsel Program (CMCP)
- Central American Resource Center (CARECEN)
- Chambers Diversity & Inclusion Summit – Latin America
- Cuban American Bar Association (CABA)
- Cyrus R. Vance Center for International Justice
- TotalLaw Prep Mentorship Program in partnership with TalentoTotal
- Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA)
- Annual Convention
- Corporate Counsel Conference
- Latina Commission and Executive Leadership Program
- Latina Leadership Academy
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Latinx Law Students Association at NYU School of Law (LaLsa)
- The U.S.-Mexico Bar Association (USMBA)
- National Association of Securities Professionals (NASP)
- United States-Mexico Chamber of Commerce, Inter-American Chapter (USMCOC)
- Puerto Rican Bar Association (PRBA)