BOSTON (Oct. 27, 2014) — On Wednesday, Oct. 29, 2014, Greenberg Traurig’s Labor & Employment Group in the firm’s Boston office will host a Massachusetts Employer Update. This seminar will offer a timely update on current labor and employment issues impacting companies doing business in the Commonwealth. Topics will include:
- Medical Marijuana Use: What’s at stake for Massachusetts employers?
- Where are we now? A Massachusetts legislative update including the Domestic Violence Leave Law, minimum wage hike and mandatory sick leave
- Navigating the Affordable Care Act
- FLSA proposed changes to white collar exemptions
- The connected workforce—social media, smartphones, and more
Greenberg Traurig’s Labor & Employment Practice provides an array of workplace strategies and legal counsel, including practical and efficient consulting, technical assistance, and litigation services for domestic and international clients. The team offers a wide range of services, from initial counseling to National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and National Mediation Board proceedings. They help employers maintain positive relations with their employees while avoiding the expense and disruption of litigation.