Jaret L. Davis is Senior Vice President and the Co-Managing Shareholder of the Miami office of Greenberg Traurig, P.A., an Am Law 20 international law firm, and a member of the firm’s global Executive Committee. He oversees approximately 200 attorneys and 200 business staff based in the firm’s founding office in Miami, Florida USA and focuses his practice on structuring and negotiating domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, capital raising transactions, and large financings.
For over a decade, Jaret has led the efforts of the Miami office and served as one of several leaders guiding efforts of the firm globally to be a dominant player in the technology industry. The vast majority of Jaret’s clients are technology players, ranging from information technology companies, to life sciences/biotech companies, to companies focusing on renewable energy sources. During this time, the Miami office has been a thought leader in representing angel investors, venture capital firms, growth equity funds, and private equity as well as various technology companies along all intervals of the life cycle, from startup to multi-billion dollar publicly traded companies. In connection with these efforts, GT received top-tier rankings for technology law and venture capital law in the 2023 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” report.
He routinely provides representation to publicly traded clients having an aggregate market capitalization of over $75 billion as well as several of Miami’s largest “unicorn” companies.
Jaret’s notable representations in the IT space include:
- Lead shareholder of the team that represented Appgate, Inc. in its reverse capitalization, taking it public, together with a concurrent $75 million capital infusion from Magnetar Capital at a $1 billion valuation.
- Lead shareholder representing Medina Capital and co-counsel to Cyxtera Technologies, Inc. in connection with Cyxtera Technologies’ $3.4 billion merger with SPAC Starboard Value Acquisition Corp.
- Representation of ISN Software Corp, a SaaS provider of contractor management software, in connection with a $550 million investment by Blackstone Group.
- Lead shareholder of the team that represented Medina Capital in its $3 billion joint venture with global private equity fund BC Partners, which consisted of the acquisition of a portfolio of 57 data centers across the globe and suite of cybersecurity and data analytics companies.
- Lead shareholder of the 40+ attorney legal team representing Terremark Worldwide, Inc., a Nasdaq-listed provider of IT infrastructure, in connection with its acquisition for $2 billion by Verizon Communications, Inc. At the time of its closing, the Terremark-Verizon transaction ranked as both the largest pairing of a telco and a colocation provider and the largest transaction in the cloud computing space as well as Verizon's largest acquisition since its acquisition of MCI in 2005.
Jaret’s notable representations in the life sciences/health care space include:
- Lead shareholder of the team that represented Exactech, Inc., a Nasdaq-listed producer of orthopedic solutions, in connection with its $737 million acquisition by global private equity fund, TPG Capital
- Representation of Metropolitan Health Networks, Inc., a New York Stock Exchange listed health care provider, in its $850 million sale to Humana, Inc.
Jaret’s notable representations relating to the Greater Miami community include:
- Counsel to Kaseya in connection with Kaseya’s acquisition from Miami-Dade County of the naming rights to the Kaseya Center, Home of the Miami Heat, with the acquisition valued at $117 million
- Counsel to the Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau in connection with successfully recruiting and negotiating the terms of the Michelin Guide’s entry into South Florida
- Counsel to the Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau in connection with the search committee formed to select its President and Chief Executive Officer
- Counsel to eMerge Americas Technology Conference in all matters since and including its formation
- Counsel to the Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau in connection with the negotiation of Miami-Dade County’s successful bid for the 2026 World Cup
- Counsel to the investor consortium in Miami which acquired the rights to Level Nightclub in South Beach and renovated and remarketed it to become Mansion Nightclub.
In addition to his practice, Jaret serves in a number of civic capacities which allow him to leverage his professional interests to assist the Miami community. He currently serves as a co-founder and General Counsel of eMerge Americas, a global technology conference focused on the Americas and based out of Miami, attracting over 20,000 attendees from 50 countries and over 4,000 organizations. He also serves as a member of the Board of Directors of the Miami Foundation and the Board of Directors of City National Bank of Florida, the second oldest and largest Florida-based bank in the United States with tangible assets exceeding $25 billion.
For the past four years, he served as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, one of the largest health systems in Florida and a thought leader at leveraging digital health solutions. He also recently served as Chair of the Miami-Dade Beacon Council, the Official Economic Development Partnership for Miami-Dade County, in which capacity he led Miami’s efforts in bidding to obtain Amazon’s HQ2 headquarters resulting in Miami being one of the leading finalists in the process.
In 2018, the Daily Business Review, a division of ALM Media, selected Jaret to be the recipient of its 2018 “Attorney of the Year” Award in recognition of his role in facilitating recent significant transactions in both IT and life sciences/health care as well as his corporate and civic leadership within those industries. He has been recognized by a number of other leading industry publications, including Chambers and Partners, Super Lawyers, the M&A Advisor, the National Law Journal, the Daily Business Review, which designated him "Top Dealmaker of the Year" in both 2010 and 2012, and Best Lawyers in America, which selected him for its 2022 “Lawyer of the Year” recognition in the area of Venture Capital Law within Miami.
"He's responsive, collaborative and focused on getting a solution to the problem for us." "He is knowledgeable about the private equity space, particularly in terms of M&A, and really understands his clients' business needs and industries."
—Client comments, Chambers USA.