Tim Dolan advises clients on UK and European financial services matters, utilising his background of working for international financial services regulators. He focuses on whether institutions and fund structures are subject to UK and European regulation and on advising on the interpretation of the Financial Conduct Authority’s and the Prudential Regulatory Authority’s rule books. He supports firms and individuals when they need to engage with financial services regulators (including with breach; change of control and waiver notifications as well as authorisations) and helps clients (typically fund managers; investment firms; banks; and payment firms) prepare for regulatory change. Increasingly Tim is also advising fund managers and institutions on the impact of ESG regulation.
The Legal 500 UK’s 2023 edition includes client feedback that ‘Tim Dolan is an excellent communicator and delivers quality work quickly, very helpful and responsive’. The 2022 edition recommends him as ‘excellent. Very client oriented and pragmatic. Extensive knowledge and experience and able to help navigate complexities of FCA regulation’. Clients of Tim’s in the 2021 edition stated: ‘Tim Dolan is a very experienced and accessible regulatory lawyer’ and: ‘Very approachable, available and knowledgeable, with experience of many matters’.
- Advising on the scope of the UK and European financial services regulation
- Supporting firms when interacting with UK financial services regulators
- Funds regulation including AIFMD requirements and marketing requirements
- MiFID 2 and its impact on investment firms
- ESG regulation including advising on the European SFDR and the forthcoming UK requirements
- Insider dealing and market abuse regulation
- Capital Requirements Directive and Regulation
- The second Electronic Money Directive
- Payment Services Directive 2
- Anti-money laundering requirements