David M. Greenberg is a shareholder in Greenberg Traurig’s New York office. A leader in the field of technology and intellectual property transactions and strategy, David has been recognized as an “IP Star” in Managing IP Magazine's World IP Handbook and Survey (2017-2018).
David focuses on a broad range of intellectual property and technology issues in high-stakes transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, spin-outs, joint ventures, strategic collaborations, and licenses. David has wide-ranging experience in the licensing and transfer of patents, trademarks, trade secrets, know-how, content, data, software, and other technology, working with clients across a broad number of industries including financial services, banking, pharmaceuticals and medical devices, biotechnology, consumer products, luxury goods, fashion, health care, energy, software and digital advertising. David regularly counsels clients on privacy and data security issues, IP or data-related investigations, commercialization or monetization of “big data,” and e-commerce transactions, leveraging many years of experience in the field to provide practical and business-oriented advice.
- IP aspects of corporate transactions
- Patent, trademark, IP, software, data, and technology licensing
- Technology transfer
- IT and business process outsourcing
- Electronic and mobile commerce
- Software as a Service (“SaaS”) and Platform as a Service (“PaaS”)
- Electronic/mobile payments and Payment Card Industry (PCI)
- System integration (e.g., ERP and other corporate systems)
- Privacy, cybersecurity, and big data
- Content distribution
- Open source