Donald L. PruntyShareholder firstname.lastname@example.org
Donald L. Prunty focuses his practice on complex litigation for a variety of local, national and international clients in the entertainment, real estate, construction, banking and pharmaceutical industries. Donald frequently supervises and coordinates the use of experts to support complex damage claims and defenses in large litigation cases. Both a CPA and Certified Fraud Examiner, Donald offers his clients the benefits of his wide-ranging financial background.
Prior to joining the firm, Donald served as a financial executive for several casino corporations; was Vice President of Finance and Administration for Las Vegas Sands, Inc., (prior to and during construction of the Venetian); and worked at a national accounting firm.
Don is a member of the State Bar of Nevada and is licensed by the Nevada State Board of Accountancy.
- Civil litigation
- Entertainment law
- Defended hotel-casino corporation in Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA) class action, resulting in very favorable settlement while client’s motion for summary judgment was pending.
- Defended major boxing figure in multi-plaintiff litigation resulting from crowd surge incident, obtaining a “no-cash” settlement.
- Part of team representing Floyd Mayweather Jr. in national class action litigation by pay-per-view purchasers of his fight with Manny Pacquiao. Team obtained dismissal of case establishing that spectators are only entitled to view what transpires at sporting events.
- Represented marketing firm serving as the promotional arm of major tribal tourist enterprise. Obtain significant arbitration award based on percentage of tribe’s revenues.
- Represented the owner and developer of a major tourist facility on tribal lands securing a $28.5 million arbitration award based in part on the calculation of damages caused by interference with construction activities. Continued representation of the owner and developer in ongoing attempts by the tribe to assert eminent domain over the facilities, which are valued in the hundreds-of-millions of dollars.
- Represented owner of a major entertainment facility in the settlement of construction defect and cost overrun claims in a partnership dispute.
- Represented investors in the acquisition of industrial property interests, including the purchase of underlying notes from the FDIC.
- Represented major motion picture company in dispute with line production company’s claims of breach of contract and attempts to disrupt distribution of international film. Secured both international injunctive relief to prohibit interference with distribution of the film and multimillion-dollar monetary judgments against both the production company and its owners.
- Part of a team representing international pharmaceutical manufacturer; handling coordination of damage experts and damage defenses.
- Part of a team representing a Wall Street investment banking firm in litigation with competing investor interests; supervised damage experts and the valuation of hundreds of commercial real estate properties across the United States.
- Represented international manufacturer of tobacco products in the sale of trademarks and manufacturing facilities to a NYSE listed, Fortune 500 company.
Recognition & Leadership
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2018-2023
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Mountain States Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2009
- Member, Clark County Bar Association
- Member, Nevada Society of CPAs
J.D., magna cum laude, University of Nevada, Las Vegas William S. Boyd School of Law, 2002
- Business and Publications Editor, Nevada Law Journal
- B.S.B.A., Accounting, University of Southern California, 1982
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada