Juan Carlos RealAssociate Carlos.Real@gtlaw.com
Carlos Real focuses his practice on complex business litigation, including corporate, employment, and securities litigation, as well as derivative actions. Carlos represents individuals and businesses in corporate, banking, financial, and commercial matters in state and federal courts throughout New York and Florida. He regularly defends financial institutions, corporations, and brokerage firm clients before arbitration panels of the New York Stock Exchange, JAMS, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and the American Arbitration Association (AAA). Carlos also represents broker-dealers before the National Association of Securities Dealers and in other forums.
- Commercial law and litigation
- Contract law and disputes
- Corporate and shareholder litigation
- Financial services and banking litigation
- Securities litigation and arbitration
- Represented major broker-dealers and other securities industry participants in arbitration hearings before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and JAMS in a wide variety of customer claims including suitability, selling away, and misrepresentation claims.
- Represented investment firms in customer arbitrations involving allegations of research analyst conflicts of interest.
- Represented a major investment firm in significant cases involving stock options brought by former WorldCom employees.
- Obtained permanent residency for an unaccompanied minor from Mexico.
Recognition & Leadership
- Member, Orange County Bar Association, 2004-2021
- Member, Seminole County Bar Association, 2004-2021
- Member, Hispanic Bar Association of Central Florida, 2004-2021
- J.D., Cornell Law School, 2002
B.A., with highest honors, Rutgers University, 1999,
- Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
- New York
- Spanish, Native