Mark SanchezAssociate Mark.Sanchez@gtlaw.com
Mark Sanchez is an associate in Greenberg Traurig’s Entertainment & Media Practice. Mark focuses his practice on the media and entertainment industry, with a concentration in television affiliation and retransmission consent agreements on behalf of major broadcast, cable and sports programming services. Mark has also represented private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies on a range of transactions including mergers and transactions, equity investments, and general corporate matters both within and outside of the media and entertainment industry.
- Advised large media companies and private equity sponsors with respect to acquisitions of broadcast stations, cable networks, and regional sports networks.
- Represented professional sports clubs in corporate and content distribution transactions.
- Represented content producers in a joint venture with a cable programming service to launch a rebranded cable network.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in its “take private” sale of a major cyber security business.°
- Represented a service provider in the oil and gas industry and its private equity sponsor in the acquisition of an integrated water management business specializing in water transfer services for hydraulic fracturing.
- Represented Entrepreneurial Equity Partners in connection with its acquisition of Salm Partners, the largest contract manufacturer of fully cooked sausages and premium hot dogs in the United States.
- Represented a private equity fund in a series of tuck-in acquisitions of dental and orthodontic practices across the southeastern United States.
- Represented Hanwha Systems in its strategic investment in Kymeta Corporation, a U.S.-based developer of satellite communication systems (pending).
- Represented Hanwha Systems in its acquisition of the businesses and assets of Phasor Solutions Limited, a U.K.-based developer of satellite communications antenna system.
- Represented Black Dragon Capital in connection with its acquisition of Grass Valley, a leading technology supplier of advanced broadcast and media solutions, with operations in over 20 different jurisdictions worldwide.
- Represented a consortium of South Korean investors in the spin-off of the quartz manufacturing business unit (operating in five countries) of a global silicones and advanced materials company.
- Represented Quickbase, Inc. (a portfolio company of Vista Equity Partners) on its acquisition of CloudPipes, a UK and Bulgarian provider of cloud-based integration and automation platforms.
- Represented Blue Wolf Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of Fox Rehabilitation, one of the largest providers of geriatric outpatient therapy services in the country.
°The above representations were handled by Mr. Sanchez prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
- Legal Intern, NBCUniversal Media, LLC, 2016-2017
- Student Attorney, International Transactions Clinic, Washington Square Legal Services, Inc., 2016-2017
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Elizabeth A. Preston Deavers and Hon. Michael H. Watson, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 2015
Recognition & Leadership
- Team Member, a Law360 “Media & Entertainment Practice Group of the Year,” 2022
- Member, Young Professionals Board, Harlem Grown
- Member, The Alumni Society
J.D., New York University School of Law, 2017
- Senior Editor, Journal of Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law
- B.A., Stanford University, 2014
- New York
- Spanish, Fluent