Divya SethAssociate email@example.com
A corporate and M&A attorney, Divya advises private and public companies (both buyer and seller side) and special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs) on corporate transactions from inception to end including domestic and cross-border M&A, business combinations, takeovers, divestitures, carveouts, joint ventures, stock/asset purchases and sales, restructurings, strategic alliances, equity and debt financing transactions. Additionally, Divya advises on corporate formation, incorporation and business governance, fiduciary duty issues, data privacy, securities law, and ongoing general corporate law compliance as well as emerging growth companies on capital raising. She regularly represents clients in a wide range of industries including technology, hospitality and retail, pharmaceutical, healthcare and life sciences, real estate, private equity, financial services, and entertainment.
A dual-licensed attorney (New York and India), Divya has diverse experience advising clients based internationally and has worked at both law firms and in-house. Prior to joining the firm, Divya was an associate at a law firm headquarted in New Jersey, and she was instrumental in setting up the first U.S. office of a leading Indian law firm.
Outside of her legal practice, she is actively involved with the American Bar Association and volunteers her time for pro bono matters.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate law
- Cross-border transactions
- Corporate governance and compliance
- Joint ventures
- Strategic alliances
Recognition & Leadership
- Member, American Bar Association, 2020-Present
- Member, Business Law section, American Bar Association 2020-Present
- Member, New York State Bar Association, 2020-Present
- Member, South Asian Bar Association of New Jersey, 2020-Present
- Member, Bar Council of Delhi (India), 2012-Present
LL.M., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2016
- Wharton Business and Law Certificate, The Wharton School
- B.A.-LL.B., with honors, National Law University, Jodhpur, 2012
- New York
- Hindi, Native
- Punjabi, Conversational