Daniella Genet SilbersteinShareholder Daniella.Silberstein@gtlaw.com
Daniella Silberstein counsels a broad range of public and private clients on mergers and acquisitions, as well as on general corporate and securities matters. Daniella focuses her practice on U.S. and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, carve-out transactions, business combinations involving special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs), joint ventures, spin-offs, and securities offerings. She also regularly represents clients in corporate governance matters, and has defended clients against hostile takeovers and proxy contests, and advised clients with respect to corporate matters that arise in the context of bankruptcies, restructurings, and workouts.
Daniella advises clients, including private equity firms and financial institutions, across industries such as health care, biotechnology, oil and gas, gaming, aviation, aerospace, and retail, on both the buy-side and sell-side of transactions. She counsels start-up and emerging companies in connection with formation matters and capital raise transactions.
In addition to practicing law, Daniella has taught a class on negotiating M&A transactions as an adjunct professor at Tulane Law School. She also co-chairs the GT Miami Women’s Initiative.
- Corporate and corporate governance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private equity
- Health care
- Represented Ardurra Group, Inc. and Round Table Capital Partners in the sale of Ardurra, a leading provider of multidisciplinary engineering and design services to water, transportation and aviation end-markets, to Littlejohn & Co. LLC.
- Representing US Data Mining Group, Inc. dba US Bitcoin Corp., a builder and strategic operator of Bitcoinmining centres across the United States, in an all-stock merger of equals with Hut 8 Mining Corp. (Nasdaq: HUT) (TSX: HUT), a large, innovation-focused digital asset mining pioneer and high performance computing infrastructure provider.
- Representation of GAI Consultants, an engineering, planning and environmental consulting firm, in its sale to Comvest Partners.
- Representation of Black Diamond Capital Management, in its acquisition of storage tanks business from Arcosa, Inc., valued at approximately $275 million.
- Representation of Omega & Associates, Inc., an industry-leading engineering firm providing consulting services throughout the greater Chicago area, in its sale to TranSystems Corp., a national transportation consulting firm that provides engineering, architectural, planning, and construction solutions.
- Representation of OTR Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, in its business combination with Comera Life Sciences, Inc., valued at approximately $258.4 million.
- Representation of Ardurra Group, Inc., an engineering and consulting firm and portfolio company of Miami-based private equity firm RTC Partners, in its acquisitions of multiple engineering firms, including Ritoch-Powell & Associates, Inc., Gunda Corporation and Pevida Highway Designers, LLC.
- Representation of Achieve Partners Management in its investment in Ro Health, a medical staffing and home health agency.
- Representation of Memic Innovative Surgery Ltd., a private Israeli company, in connection with its business combination with MedTech Acquisition Corporation (“MedTech”), a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company sponsored by MedTech Acquisition Sponsor LLC.
- Representation of Achieve Partners Management in its acquisition of Cloud for Good, a consulting firm specializing in donor management, case management, and marketing automation implementations for nonprofit organizations and higher education institutions.
- Representation of Tuscan Holdings Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, in its business combination with Microvast, Inc., valued at approximately $3 billion.
- Representation of InterPrivate Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, in its business combination with Aeva, Inc., valued at approximately $2.1 billion.
- Representation of New Beginnings Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, in its business combination with Airspan Networks Inc., valued at approximately $822 million.
- Representation of Ardurra Group, Inc., an engineering and consulting firm and portfolio company of Miami-based private equity firm RTC Partners, in its acquisition of Constantine Engineering, a multi-discipline engineering company.
- Representation of United Wholesale Mortgage in its business combination with Gores Holdings IV, a special purpose acquisition company, valued at $16 billion.
- Representation of Vesta Housing Solutions LLC in its sale to Kinderhook Industries, LLC.
- Representation of Univision Communications, the largest Spanish language content company in the U.S., in its acquisition of the largest Spanish language ad supported streaming service, VIX.
- Representation of a food and beverage private equity firm in multiple transactions, including its sale of a meat snacking business and its acquisition of a cracker and bread brand.
- Representation of Sterling Construction Company, Inc., a publicly traded company, in its $400 million acquisition of Plateau Excavation, Inc., a leading specialty contractor.°
- Representation of Navitas Petroleum, an Israeli publicly traded North America focused, oil and gas exploration and production partnership, in its $50 million acquisition of a 50% interest in oil and gas assets from Denbury Resources Inc.°
- Representation of Ardurra Group, Inc., a private equity backed consulting and engineering firm, in its acquisition of LNV, Inc., an award-winning, multi-discipline engineering, architectural, and surveying firm.°
- Representation of a leading direct selling company and marketer of energy and wireless services in its $300 million sale of its retail energy business.°
- Representation of O3 Industries, a private investment company, in its acquisition of Peer39, a division of Sizmek, Inc., in a 363 sale.°
- Representation of Achieve TMS, an operator of 21 transcranial magnetic stimulation centers, in its sale to Greenbrook TMS, Inc., a publicly traded leading provider of transcranial magnetic stimulation.°
- Representation of a developer and manager of ambulatory surgery centers in its sale to one of the largest providers of outpatient surgery in the United States.°
- Representation of Ochsner Clinic Foundation, Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system, in its acquisition of Millennium Healthcare Management, Inc., a provider of non-emergency care and occupational health services at 14 clinic locations.°
- Representation of Ochsner Clinic Foundation, Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, health care system, in multiple joint ventures with other non-profit and for-profit enterprises, including with respect to a long-term acute care and rehabilitation service facility, a behavioral health center, and freestanding emergency department services.°
- Representation of O3 Industries, a private investment company, in its acquisition of Antamex International, a Toronto-based fenestration subcontracting business unit.°
- Representation of NFP Corp., a leading insurance broker and consultant, in multiple acquisitions of insurance brokerage businesses.
- Representation of a publicly traded deepwater drilling contractor in connection with its chapter 11 restructuring, including its raise of $1.5 billion in gross proceeds in new capital, consisting of $1.0 billion of new secured notes and $500 million of equity.°
- Representation of a publicly traded helicopter services company in its acquisition of an international offshore helicopter business.°
- Representation of Black Diamond Capital Management, a private equity firm, in its acquisition of Valley Joist, a leading joist and deck manufacturer, from EBSCO Industries, Inc.°
- Representation of a private investment company in its roll-up of three refractory installation businesses and subsequent sale to a private equity owned industrial services company.°
- Representation of Black Diamond Capital Management, a private equity firm, in its sale of a steel mill to Kyoei Steel America LLC.°
- Representation of Black Diamond Capital Management, a private equity firm, in its acquisition of two steel mills from ArcelorMittal.°
- Representation of LongueVue Capital, a private equity firm, in its investment of growth equity and mezzanine capital in PRT Offshore, a leading provider of stabilization and support equipment for oil and gas companies in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and international basins.°
- Representation of PVH Corp., a publicly traded global branded lifestyle apparel company, in its $3.1 billion acquisition of The Warnaco Group, Inc., a leading global apparel company.°
- Representation of a publicly traded manufacturer of private label food in its $6.8 billion sale to a leading publicly traded food company.°
- Representation of a publicly traded company providing high technology products and services to the global aerospace and building industries in its $18 billion acquisition of a global supplier of systems and services to the aerospace and defense industry, including its public offerings of $9.8 billion principal amount of senior notes and $1 billion of equity units, and its $400 million divestiture of an electrical power systems business.°
- Representation of a publicly traded integrated energy company in its $20 billion spin-off of its downstream energy business.°
- Representation of a publicly traded manufacturing company focused on corrugated packaging and building products in its defense against a hostile tender offer by a global paper and packaging company and its subsequent $4.3 billion sale to such company.°
- Representation of the private owners of a premier sports, outdoor and lifestyle retailer in their $2.3 billion sale of the company to a leading private equity firm.°
- Representation of a publicly traded global consumer products company in its €672 million acquisition of a European personal care brand and its related $215 million sale a laundry-detergent business.°
- Representation of a publicly traded diversified technology company in its $6.8 billion acquisition of a publicly traded company that manufactured and marketed biomedical testing products through a negotiated tender offer.°
- Representation of a publicly traded distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases in its defense against a hostile tender offer.°
- Representation of PVH Corp. (then-named Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation), a publicly traded global branded lifestyle apparel company, in its $3 billion acquisition of Tommy Hilfiger from funds affiliated with Apax Partners, including PVH’s public offerings of $600 million principal amount of senior notes and $200 million of common stock, and its private placement of $200 million of convertible preferred stock.°
°The above representations were handled by Ms. Silberstein prior to her joining Greenberg Traurig, P.A.
- Adjunct Lecturer, “Negotiating M&A Transactions,” Tulane University Law School, 2019
Recognition & Leadership
- Listed, Thomson Reuters, “Stand-Out Lawyers,” 2023
- Listed, Law360, “Rising Stars: Mergers & Acquisitions,” 2022
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine
- Louisiana Super Lawyers, “Rising Star,” 2015-2020
- New York Super Lawyers, “Rising Star,” 2012
- Selected, New Orleans CityBusiness, “Ones to Watch: Legal Industry,” 2018
- Member, Women United Executive Committee, 2020-Present
- Member, American Bar Association, 2010-Present
- Member, Business Law Section, 2019-Present
- Member, Louisiana State Bar Association, 2013-2020
- Board Member, Harvard Club of Louisiana, 2014-2019
- Past President, 2015-2017
- Board Member, Young ACG Louisiana, 2017-2019
J.D., magna cum laude, Harvard Law School
- Editor-in-Chief, Harvard Journal of Law and Gender
- Dean’s Award for Community Leadership
- Class Marshall
B.A., summa cum laude, Columbia University
- Phi Beta Kappa
- New York
- Hebrew, Conversational