Labry Welty focuses his practice on real estate joint ventures and transactions. He regularly structures, drafts, and negotiates complex joint ventures throughout the United States and has experience advising clients on tax efficient structuring of real estate transactions.
- Joint venture structuring, formation, and negotiation
- Partnership and limited liability companies (LLCs)
- Real estate tax planning, including like kind exchanges (IRS Section 1031) and debt workouts
- REIT (including Baby REIT) formation and taxation
- Tenant-in-common structuring
- Corporate organizations, reorganizations, and mergers and acquisitions
- U.S. income taxation of inbound real estate investments