Reggie ZachariahShareholder Reggie.Zachariah@gtlaw.com
Zachariah "Reggie" P. Zachariah, Jr. is a shareholder in the firm's Corporate Practice in Fort Lauderdale and focuses his practice on private equity transactions; mergers and acquisitions; corporate restructurings and counseling boards and senior management on strategic business, corporate formation and governance, financial and transactional matters. Reggie’s specific industry experience includes health care technology and services, education, insurance, manufacturing, franchises, retail, and infrastructure. Prior to law school he was a financial analyst, focusing on mergers & acquisitions for a public company.
- Representation of Stasher, a fast-growing line of high-quality, reusable silicone storage bags, in its sale to SC Johnson.
- Representation of Avaap, an advisory services and IT management consulting firm, in its acquisition of Navigator Management Partners, a cross-platform management and technology consulting firm specializing in ERP systems, business intelligence (BI), and change management.
- Representation of GFA International, Inc., a provider of Geotechnical & Environmental Engineering, Inspection Services, Construction Materials Testing, Construction QA/QC and Building Code Compliance Services throughout the state of Florida, in a transaction in which it received growth equity investment from Palm Beach Capital and Gary Elzweig.
- Representation of Cleveland Clinic in negotiating a deal with Indian River Medical Center for it to join the Cleveland Clinic health system.
- Representation of Cleveland Clinic in negotiating a deal with Martin Health System for it to join the Cleveland Clinic health system.
- Representation of SightMD, a multi-practice ophthalmology group, in its partnership with Chicago Pacific Founders Fund L.P.
- Representation of Advocate Home Care Services, Inc., one of Inc.'s 500 fastest growing private companies in America and a Florida leader in private nurse care registries, in its sale to American In-Home Care, LLC, a provider of in-home care services to seniors.
- Representation of Anne Arundel Dermatology Management, a portfolio company of New MainStream Capital, in numerous dermatology practice acquisitions.
- Representation of Azteca Acquisition Corporation in its $400 million merger of Azteca, Cine Latino, Inc., Intermedia Español Holdings, LLC (WAPA) – which includes WAPA America and WAPA TV – with Hemisphere Media Group, Inc.
- Representation of The Berger Group Inc, in its $100 million financing by JP Morgan Chase of New York, involving recapitalization and creation of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
- Representation of Broad Anesthesia Associates and its related entities in connection with their acquisition by Resolute Anesthesia and Pain Solutions.
- Representation of CityMD, the leading urgent care provider in the New York metropolitan area, in its acquisition by funds affiliated with global private equity firm Warburg Pincus. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
- Representation of CommonView Capital, a New York-based private equity fund, in their strategic investment in Pain Specialists of America, LLC to provide practice management services to Pain Specialists of Austin and Central Texas Pain Center.
- Representation of Cross River Anesthesiologist Services, P.C. a private physician group practice based in New York, in its acquisition by Mednax, Inc.
- Representation of Ganot Capital in the sale of substantially all of the assets of Shared Pharmacy Holdings, LLC to Omnicare Pharmacy of Florida, L.P., CCRxx of North Carolina, LLC, Omnicare Pharmacy of North Carolina, LLC, and Williamson Drug Company, Incorporated.
- Representations of Global Novations LLC in its merger with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Korn/Ferry International (KFY).
- Representation of Heritage Insurance Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: HRTG), a property and casualty insurance holding company based in Florida, in its $134 million acquisition of Zephyr Acquisition Company and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Zephyr Insurance Company, a specialty insurance provider in Hawaii. The Greenberg Traurig team handled the negotiation of the acquisition agreement, legal due diligence, prepared the requisite filings, including the Form A Statement of Acquisition to obtain regulatory approval to enter into the acquisition agreement. Also advised on the stock purchase agreement, other documents, intellectual property and employment matters in connection with the acquisition transaction, in addition to various post-closing requirements. The transaction involved filings in both Florida and Hawaii. Greenberg Traurig serves as Heritage's chief regulatory counsel.
- Representation of Jordan Health Services, a portfolio company of Palladium Equity Partners, in its acquisition of CIMA Healthcare.
- Representation of Justice Holdings Limited, a BVI special purpose acquisition company, in its $4.9 billion acquisition of Burger King Worldwide Holdings, Inc., the world’s second largest fast food hamburger restaurant chain.
- Representation of Lakeshore Anesthesia Services, P.C., an integrated medical practice dedicated to providing anesthesia care for West Michigan's lakeshore, in its sale to MEDNAX, Inc. (NYSE: MD).
- Representation of MRO Corporation, a portfolio company of Imperial Capital, in numerous add-on acquisition.
- Representation of Medusind Solutions Inc., a 1200+ employee leading global resource for outsourced medical billing solutions, in its acquisition of Avisena Inc., a medical technology provider of a cloud-based medical billing platform.
- Representation of Medusind, Inc., a medical billing company, in the acquisition of 100% of the issued and outstanding capital stock of Quantum Medical Business Service, Inc., a medical billing and physician practice management company.
- Representation of Mid Florida Anesthesia Associates in its acquisition by Resolute Anesthesia and Pain Solutions.
- Representation of New Mainstream Capital in its investment in and the formation of Anne Arundel Dermatology Management, LLC along with partners Drs. Angela Peterman and Richard Pfau.
- Representation of ABRA Auto Body & Glass, a leading national damaged vehicle repair provider, and its principal owner, Palladium Equity Partners, LLC, in its acquisition by Hellman & Friedman, LLC.
- Representation of Perth Amboy Anesthesiology, P.C. in connection with its acquisition by Resolute Anesthesia and Pain Solutions, LLC.
- Representation of Platform Acquisition Holdings Limited (LSE: PAH), a blank check company based in the British Virgin Islands, and its founders, Martin Franklin and Nicolas Berggruen, in the US$905 million initial public offering (IPO) on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: PAH). The Ordinary Shares and the Warrants were offered within the United States to qualified institutional buyers via a Rule 144A offering.
- Representation of Platform Specialty Products Corporation (NYSE: PAH) in a $350 million private placement of Platform common stock to help fund its $1 billion acquisition of Chemtura AgroSolutions, the agrochemicals business of Chemtura Corporation (NYSE: CHMT).
- Representation of Platform Specialty Products Corporation (NYSE: PAH) in all aspects of its $1 billion acquisition of Chemtura AgroSolutions, the agrochemicals business of Chemtura Corporation (NYSE: CHMT). Acquisition funding consisted of $950 million cash and two million shares of Platform's common stock. The transaction included drafting form of purchase agreements, negotiating with Chemtura and its counsel, coordinating with local counsel in 25 countries and advising on aspects including diligence, environmental, energy, regulatory and tax matters. Also completed a $350 million private placement of Platform common stock to help fund the purchase.
- Representation of REV Group, Inc. (NYSE:REVG) in its acquisition of all of the assets of Midwest Automotive Designs, LLC, a leading custom van “upfitter” (headquartered in Elkhart, IN) that develops and manufactures luxury vehicles for end segments including motorhomes, shuttle vans, limousines, and customized executive transportation vehicles. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
- Representation of St. Lucie Anesthesia Associates, LLC in connection with their acquisition by Resolute Anesthesia and Pain Solutions, LLC.
- Representation of Swiss Watch International Inc, a leading online retailer of watches, accessories and apparel, in its sale to Clearlake Capital Group.
Recognition & Leadership
- Listed, South Florida Business & Wealth Magazine, "Up & Comer," 2020
- Listed, South Florida Legal Guide, "Top Up-and-Comer," 2020-2021
- Recipient, Daily Business Review, Professional Excellence Awards, "On The Rise," 2020
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2017-2020
- Listed, South Florida Business Journal, "40 Under 40," 2019
- Member, Winning Team, ACG New York Champion’s Award, Consumer and Retail Products Deal of the Year (over $200mm) for Merger of Burger King and Justice Holdings Ltd., 2013
- Finalist, Daily Business Review, "Top Dealmaker of the Year - Corporate International Category," 2013
- Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America’s Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Board of Governors, NSU Art Museum, 2022
- Miami Literacy Ambassador, 2019 Miami Celebration of Reading benefitting the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy
- Member, Board of Directors, Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) South Florida
- Founding Member and Committee Member, American Heart Association's BrowardPULSE
- Member, Elevate Event Committee, Kids in Distress (KID), 2019
- Member, Boys N Toys Event Committee, Kids in Distress (KID), 2018
- Served on Seventeenth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission, 2012-2018
- Committee for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s Beach Bash 2014-2017, including twice as a Co-Chair, 2014-2015
- Served on the Ghost Light Soiree Host Committee for 2 years to benefit the Broward Performing Arts Center, 2012 & 2016
- Served as a fundraiser in The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Man & Woman of the Year event, 2014
B.S., Economics, The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, 2003
- Finance and Accounting dual concentration
- J.D., cum laude, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2009
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2009-2011