Greenberg Traurig’s international Media & Entertainment Litigation Practice helps clients resolve litigation and problems arising in the media, entertainment, and sports industries. Members of the group have represented clients in a wide range of sophisticated and complicated disputes. We understand our clients’ business needs. We focus on the issues particular to businesses and individuals in the media and entertainment space. We leverage the knowledge and experience of GT’s international entertainment transactional practice. Our team has the national and international resources, experience, knowledge, and relationships to coordinate, prosecute, and resolve the most complicated litigation and the flexibility and know-how to quickly and efficiently handle local disputes.
Law360 named us a 2022 Media & Entertainment Practice Group of the Year and Benchmark Litigation named us the 2023 Entertainment Law Firm of the Year.
- Class actions relating to marketing of content, products, and services
- Copyright ownership, infringement, and licensing
- Contract disputes involving entertainment and sports agreements
- Profit participation and royalty accounting disputes
- Lanham Act, unfair competition, and false advertising
- Idea submission claims
- Deceptive trade practices
- Rights of publicity, celebrity licensing, and endorsement
- Motion pictures, interactive games and television production, distribution, and licensing
- Music creation and licensing
- First Amendment rights and related litigation
- Media information access, including FOIA
- Media torts, including invasion of privacy, false light, defamation, and Anti-SLAPP proceedings
- Defense of newsgathering process claims
- Newsroom subpoenas
- Prepublication review and counseling
- Disputes regarding entertainment guild agreements and the California Talent Agency Act
- Branded entertainment issues
- Vertical integration issues
- False advertising
- Internet content issues
Please feel free to reach out to our Media & Entertainment Litigation Practice contacts to learn more about our capabilities.