Greenberg Traurig represents both U.S. and non-U.S. clients in regards to M&A and related corporate transactions. We represent numerous types of entities, including publicly traded corporations, closely-held corporations, S corporations, partnerships, private equity funds, hedge funds, limited liability companies, and tax-exempt entities.
- We work closely with GT’s corporate and other attorneys from the outset in effecting and negotiating complex transactions.
- We advise on acquisition, investment holding, and acquisition financing structures to ensure tax efficiencies and minimize tax risks for our clients.
- Our team advises on and manages the tax aspects of public and private, U.S. and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, buyouts, joint ventures, de-mergers, spin-offs, and other divestitures (including management and oversight of foreign counsel and other professional advisers).
- We structure pre- and post-merger/acquisition reorganizations.
- Our team performs due diligence reviews to uncover tax liabilities and exposures in potential mergers, acquisitions, and other transactions.