Greenberg Traurig hosted a panel discussion focused on the recent New York Retail Bill on February 15 from 2 pm - 3pm. The webinar took an in-depth look at the Fashion Sustainability and Social Accountability Act (A.8352/S.7528) that would require fashion retailers and manufacturers to disclose environmental social due diligence policies, allowing citizen lawsuits to enforce the terms of the proposed legislation.
• How the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) measures have become prevalent in numerous industries
• How the façade of “greenwashing” has prompted law makers to target these practices and the environmental risks
• The impact of governmental and supply chain implications of the legislation
• The timing and process of the legislative session as it relates to the bill
• How to navigate reporting requirements and confidential supply chain information
The recording of Fashion and Environmental Sustainability: How The New NY Bill will Affect the Industry is available here
). If you would like to access the recording through Greenberg Traurig’s Client CLE Library, please follow the instructions below. This free Library provides substantive legal knowledge, as well as CLE credit in several jurisdictions, for registered users via on-demand programs and professional development resources. CLE credit is pending accreditation in the following jurisdictions: AZ, CA, FL, GA, IL, NJ, NV, NY, PA and TX.
If you would like to take advantage of this free resource, please email email@example.com
. If you already have a GT Client CLE Library account you can access this recording by clicking here. You will need to login to your account. Please click “Forgot Password” to have access instructions emailed to you. Email Hoffman_rsvp@gtlaw.com
if you have any difficulties accessing your account.