Greenberg Traurig hosted a discussion about recent changes to New York employment laws and proposed changes on the horizon. This was part one of a two part webinar series.
To access the webinar presentation handout click here.
For recording please see below.
Changes and Proposed Changes to New York Employment Laws: What Employers Need to Know is available in Greenberg Traurig’s Client CLE Library. This free Library provides substantive legal knowledge, as well as CLE credit in several jurisdictions, for registered users via on-demand programs and professional development resources. CLE credit is pending accreditation in the following jurisdictions: AZ, CA, FL, GA, IL, NJ, NY and PA.
If you would like to take advantage of this free resource, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you already have a GT Client CLE Library account you can access this recording by clicking here. You will need to login to your account. Please click “Forgot Password” to have access instructions emailed to you. Email Hoffman_rsvp@gtlaw.com if you have any difficulties accessing your account. To view the recording without CLE, please click here.
COVID - Where We Are Now
- COVID related laws and benefits that are currently in place and employer obligations relating to those laws
- Covid sick pay
- Covid vaccination pay
- Mask/vaccination mandates
Traditional Labor and Prevailing Wage
- Labor peace agreements required for city economic development projects and human services contracts
- Prevailing wage requirements – 421-a projects, coops and condos, and other covered industries
Pre-Employment Process / Wage and Hour
- Salary range posting requirements
- Electronic monitoring
- Minimum wage and threshold wage increases
- Construction industry wage theft
- “Manual worker” weekly pay