|Tweets by GT_DRIVES|
Diversity DRIVES GT
From the start, we’ve believed that diverse viewpoints produce smarter ideas for our clients. That’s why we’ve made diversity, equity and inclusion integral to our legal services and civic investments. It’s also the right thing to do. Because a more just world happens only by design.
At GT, we appreciate all backgrounds and characteristics, including race, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, varying perspectives, socio-economic statuses, and others.
Our powerful combination of intersecting, strategic elements help GT drive inclusion because it makes diversity and inclusion both a firm priority and an individual priority.
- COMMITTED FIRM LEADERSHIP Experienced decision-makers authentically committed to creating and driving change.
- INDIVIDUAL COMMITMENT Those responsible for hiring, development, retention, and promotion have a personal obligation to diversity.
- DEDICATED TRAINING Diversity training and awareness are a priority for every member of our team throughout our entire operations and legal business units.
- ACTIONABLE SHORT-TERM GOALS DRIVING LONG-TERM CHANGE Setting short-term goals becomes more realistically achievable with our holistic approach involving commitments from leadership, individuals, and bringing awareness to every level of the firm.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion move forward with future leaders and clients. Changing workforce demographics bode well for diversity, equity, and inclusion. Future leaders have global viewpoints and diverse personal experiences which allow for global solutions. At GT, we embrace this and are prepared to continue to move the needle forward in the name of equity.
Our track record of putting diversity into action has led to us being honored with Mansfield Rule 3.0 Certification. The Mansfield Rule 3.0 Certification, administered by The Diversity Lab, is designed to help law firms become more inclusive and diverse by requiring them to consider at least 30% women, attorneys of color, LGBTQ+ lawyers, and those with disabilities for leadership and governance roles, equity partner promotions, formal client pitch opportunities, and senior lateral positions. Over the course of the certification period (July 2019 – July 2020), we showed that we did just that, and we are committed to achieving and exceeding the Mansfield Rule Certification standards in each year to come.
Diversity is in our DNA
As a leader among Am Law 100 firms, we have developed a workforce that welcomes, supports, and reflects the communities we represent. Diversity is welcomed here as an asset.
Focus and offerings include:
- Diversity Leadership
- Affinity Groups
- Gender Diversity Programming
- Preserving the Pipeline
- Client Collaboration
Our commitment has garnered significant results and attention including the following:
The National Diversity Council, 2020
The National Diversity Council named Greenberg Traurig Chief Diversity Officer and Shareholder Nikki Lewis Simon, among its list of the "Top Chief Diversity Officers."
Human Rights Campaign Equidad MX LGBTQ+ Survey, 2020
The Mexico City office recently received a score of 100% on the Human Rights Campaign Equidad MX LGBTQ+ Survey.
- 53% of our U.S. employees are women
- 45% of our attorneys are women or minorities
- 42% of our Executive Committee is comprised of diverse persons (women, ethnic minorities, LGBTQ+) (U.S.-based members)
- 34% of our U.S. attorneys are women
- 65% of our U.S. employees (attorneys and business staff) are women or minorities
- 26% of our Executive Committee members are women (U.S.-based members)
Diversity, Women's & LBGT Scorecards, The American Lawyer/National Law Journal, 2020
- No. 1, Number of African American Partners Overall
- No. 1, Number of African American Attorneys Overall
- No. 1, Number of Hispanic American/Latino Attorneys Overall
- No. 2, Number of Hispanic American/Latino Partners Overall
- No. 2, Number of LGBT Partners
- No. 4, Number of Minority Attorneys Overall
- No. 5, Number of Asian American Partners Overall
- No. 6, Number of Female Partners Overall
Click here to view our additional industry recognition and awards.
Click here to see our 2019 London Diversity Survey.