MIAMI (Dec. 4, 2014) – The Miami office of international law firm Greenberg Traurig, P.A. is proud to partner with Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) of Greater Miami with the organization’s School to Work program.
The School to Work program offers one-to-one workplace mentoring to Miami-Dade high school students. Greenberg Traurig attorneys and business staff were matched with their “Littles” on Nov. 24 during the program’s kickoff visit.
“Big Brothers Big Sisters is an outstanding organization that has made a significant impact on the Miami community by matching mentors with local youth in need,” said Matt Gorson, Co-Chairman of Greenberg Traurig and BBBS of Greater Miami board member. “I am very proud of the commitment of many of our attorneys and business staff to volunteer their time and efforts to such a noteworthy cause.”
Greenberg Traurig “Bigs” will meet with their “Littles” for four hours once per month at the firm’s Miami office. “Littles” will shadow “Bigs” to learn career skills by observation.
“We are very appreciative of the firm’s ongoing support of BBBS and their commitment to awaken new possibilities for Miami's youth - and future professionals - through this mentoring initiative,” said Gale S. Nelson, Executive Vice President of BBBS of Greater Miami.
The list of Greenberg Traurig attorneys and business staff who are currently mentoring “Littles” as part of the School to Work program includes:
- Benjamin Babcock, Associate
- Ryan D. Bailine, Shareholder
- Paul Berkowitz, Shareholder
- Liz Collazo, Administrative Assistant
- Ignacio De Armas, Director of Marketing - Global
- Marissa A. Faerber, Associate
- Marilyn Figueras, Administrative Assistant
- Joseph Z. Fleming, Shareholder
- Maribel Fontanez, Paralegal
- Gracie Kaplan-Stein, Marketing Coordinator
- William E. Keenen, Associate
- Ava Kilpatrick, Administrative Assistant
- Ilene K. Kobert, Shareholder
- Kimberly S. LeCompte, Shareholder
- Millie Matias, Hospitality Manager
- Sharon Morales, Administrative Assistant
- Ally Prieto, Marketing Coordinator
- Julissa Rodriguez, Shareholder
- Meredith Singer, Shareholder
- Vicki Smith-Bilt, Business Director