LOS ANGELES – June 1, 2016 – Thirteen attorneys from the California offices of global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP are named as leading practitioners in their field by the 2016 Chambers USA Guide. Firmwide, more than 190 attorneys are listed in this year’s guide.
According to its website, Chambers and Partners, publisher of annual guides in several global markets, selects attorneys and practice areas for inclusion based on thousands of interviews with practicing lawyers and clients around the world.
Attorneys and practice areas are ranked by placement in “bands,” with Band 1 being the highest placement. Attorneys can also be designated as a “Star Individual,” “Eminent Practitioner,” “Senior Statesman,” “Up and Coming,” “Star Associate,” or “Associate to Watch” by market and practice.
Tom K. Ara was recognized as an “Up and Coming” attorney for Entertainment & Media: Transactional. Ara is a shareholder in the firm’s Los Angeles office.
Chambers also recognized California in the following practice areas:
- Media & Entertainment: Transactional
Attorneys ranked from the Los Angeles, Orange County, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley offices include:
- Tom K. Ara, Los Angeles (California: Media & Entertainment: Transactional)
- Charles S. Birenbaum, San Francisco (California – Labor & Employment)
- Daniel H. Black, Los Angeles (California: Media & Entertainment: Transactional)
- Jay L. Cooper, Los Angeles (Media & Entertainment: Transactional: Mainly Talent)
- Richard F. Davis, Los Angeles (Leisure & Hospitality)
- Bruce Fischer, Orange County (Real Estate)
- Francoise Gilbert, Silicon Valley (Privacy & Data Security)
- Lawrence H. Heller, Los Angeles (Wealth Management: Western Region)
- Sanford C. Presant, Los Angeles (Tax)
- Howard J. Steinberg, Los Angeles (Bankruptcy/Restructuring)
- Daniel J. Tyukody, Los Angeles (Litigation: Securities)
In addition, the Guide named the San Francisco Managing Shareholder G. Michelle Ferreira and Orange County Shareholder Jeffrey C. Joy “Recognised Practitioners.”
For a complete listing of rankings, client and peer commentary, and editorial summaries by Chambers researchers and editors, please visit: http://www.chambersandpartners.com/usa/firm/3579/greenberg-traurig-pa.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GTLaw) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East and is celebrating its 50th anniversary. One firm worldwide, GTLaw has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and among the Top 20 on the 2016 Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.