PHOENIX – Sept. 22, 2016 – Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP, together with the Arizona-Mexico Commission and the Arizona Commerce Authority, will host a comprehensive forum focused on “Doing Business in Mexico,” 7:30 to 11:30 a.m., Oct. 6 at The Camby at 24th Street and Camelback Road in Phoenix. The event is free. It is designed for those already doing business in Mexico as well as for anyone who would like to explore options to do so.
Forum Speakers/Agenda Overview:
- Phoenix Business Journal publisher Ray Schey will moderate a panel discussion covering ongoing trade, economic, and foreign business investment opportunities in real estate/hospitality, technology, and infrastructure.
- Panel participants will include the following Greenberg Traurig attorneys from the firm’s Phoenix and Mexico City offices:
- Nicole Goodwin, Phoenix Administrative Shareholder; Chair, Phoenix Litigation Practice
- Michael L. Aguirre, Shareholder, Corporate & Securities, Phoenix
- Fernando Orrantia Dworak, Shareholder, Real Estate, Mexico City
- Hugo López Coll, Shareholder, Corporate & Securities, Mexico City
- Arturo Pérez-Estrada, Shareholder, Corporate & Securities, Mexico City.
- Arizona-Mexico Commission Executive Director Marcos Garay will provide an overview of ongoing economic development efforts between Arizona and Mexico, as well as financial and business cultural observations.
- Arizona Commerce Authority Vice President for International Trade Kevin O’Shea will discuss exporting and compliance strategies.
- Alliance Bank of Arizona’s Lirian Urreizieta will share cross-border lending and export financing issues.
To register, email or call Mistie Hague Weishaar at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 602.445.8000.
About Greenberg Traurig’s Mexico City Office
Greenberg Traurig’s Mexico City office opened in 2011, offering clients innovative, strategic advice and legal services that span both traditional fields and contemporary regulatory sectors. The office leverages the resources and reach of the firm’s global platform, which consists of more than 100 practice areas and industry groups, to provide clients with tailored legal services reflective of the specific industry and market conditions in which they operate.
The Mexico City office is an integral part of the firm’s award-winning Latin American and Iberian Practice. The attorneys in Mexico City work closely with colleagues from across the practice to advise both international and domestic clients with their business interests in Latin America, the United States, and other international markets.
About Greenberg Traurig's Phoenix Office
In Arizona, Greenberg Traurig counsels clients on a wide range of critical issues, such as litigation, mergers and acquisitions, dispute resolution, securities, labor and employment, real estate, public finance, bankruptcy, and intellectual property matters.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GTLaw) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East and is celebrating its 50th anniversary. One firm worldwide, GTLaw has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and among the Top 20 on the 2016 Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.