Erik de Bie is an attorney-at-law focused on international trade, customs and VAT matters. Erik counsels clients in European trade, export control, sanctions, customs and VAT related matters. He also represents clients in litigation.
He concentrates his practice on compliance with EU trade, sanctions and compliance rules. He assists companies to lawfully export goods, technology, and services around the globe, prioritizing practical, workable strategies for complex regulatory situations, including compliance with the growing number of sanctions. Conducting and managing internal reviews and risk mitigation are an important focus area.
Erik advises clients in customs, VAT and related matters, including support with setting up and restructuring distribution. and supply chains. Erik is regularly representing companies in (cross-border) consultations with the authorities, including disclosure matters.
Erik is experienced companies before Dutch Tax and Customs Courts, the Dutch Supreme Court, the European Commission, and the European Court of Justice.
- European trade, customs and regulatory matters
- Export control and sanctions
- Setting up and restructuring European distribution and supply chains
- European anti-dumping proceedings
- (Cross-border) criminal investigations in the areas of trade, customs, import or export, or involving compliance with EU regulatory provisions