Herbert H. Finn concentrates his practice on all aspects of patent, trademark and copyright law, both within the United States and internationally, with a particular emphasis on patent litigation before the District Courts of the United States, the U.S. Courts of Appeal for the Federal Circuit and the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC). He has litigated and tried cases in technology areas that include medical products (including eye glasses and x-ray equipment), mobile communications devices, computer hardware and software, digital camera technology, Internet/networking technology, LCD technology, anti-theft prevention equipment, mass transportation seating, novelty gaming and shipping and product packaging.
In addition to his vast trial experience, Herb has experience in obtaining and defending his clients' various intellectual property rights and in the negotiating of all types of agreements related to intellectual property including acquisitions, licenses, non-competes and non-disclosures.
- Patent litigation and arbitrations
- Section 337 investigations before the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC)
- Trademark litigation, oppositions, cancellations and arbitrations
- Patent, trademark and copyright prosecution
- Searches for patentability, infringement and avoidance opinions
- Preparation and negotiation of intellectual property licenses
- Patent, trademark, trade secret and copyright transactions
- Intellectual property due diligence investigations and audits
- U.S. and international intellectual property law