Eran LevyAssociate Eran.Levy@gtlaw.com
Eran Levy focuses his practice on advising clients on both domestic and international U.S. federal income tax matters. He is experienced in advising public and private companies, private equity funds, financial institutions, and various other clients on the tax aspects of M&A transactions, real estate investments, securities offerings, financing transactions, reorganizations, and general tax matters. Before joining Greenberg Traurig, Eran practiced in the New York office of a prestigious international law firm.
In addition to his experience as a U.S. tax attorney, Eran is a Certified Public Accountant and a member of the Israel Bar Association. Prior to attending a U.S. Tax LLM program, Eran worked in a big 4 accounting firm and a top-tier tax boutique in Israel.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Capital Markets
- Corporate taxation
- Real estate
- Represented First Horizon Bank in its merger with IBERIABANK (second-biggest U.S. bank deal of 2019).°
- Represented Navistar International Corporation in its $3.7 billion acquisition by Traton Group.°
- Represented AZEK Company Inc. regarding its IPO (reflecting a market value of $3.4 billion).°
- Advised Giants Development Services, an affiliate of The San Francisco Giants, in its joint venture with Tishman Speyer to develop the waterfront Mission Rock mixed-use neighborhood near Oracle Park.°
- Advised Garrett Motion Inc. on the tax aspects of its Chapter 11 restructuring.°
- Advised Qatar Investment Authority on the tax aspects of its investment in Lloyd's insurer Inigo.°
- Represented Goldman Sachs Underwriters with respect to the issuance of Progressive’s $550 million senior unsecured notes.°
°The above representations were handled by Mr. Levy prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, P.A.
- Certified Public Accountant (Israel), 2015
- Criminal Investigation Officer, Military Police, Israel Defense Forces, 2004-2008
LL.B., Accounting, magna cum laude, Tel Aviv University
- Combined Program in Law and Accounting
- Awarded the "Harry Simons Foundation Scholar" for academic achievements in the Faculty of Management
- LL.M., Tax, University of Michigan Law School
- New York